Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I REFUSE to let my DD move back in.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
2 moms liked this
Long story short we kicked her out at 18 for a lot of reasons (some being that she was waking the whole house up when she came home, taking the car without asking, sneaking boys into the house). We gave her (too many) warnings and finally kicked her out

Well it has been a year and a half now and she is wanting to come back. The problem is I havent seen many changes in her yet that make me think she will follow the rules. She is having problems with her roommates and they dont want her living there anymore.

DH says we should let her move in but I told him hell no. I dont want to go through that whole process again.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM

umm, ok. So then don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this
She's your child come up with an agreement, have her sign it be sure to include repercussions in it. Such as extra chores for breaking the rules (if you do money you will never see it) start fresh with the relationship leave the past in the past and start building a better relationship with her.
demonica29
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM

And the mother of the year award goes to...

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM
12 moms liked this
I wouldn't let her move back in either of her own roommates don't even want her
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM
BTDT minus the extra chore thing because she started refusing to do any chores at all.

We have been working on a better relationship but her moving in will just ruin that I think

Quoting Anonymous: She's your child come up with an agreement, have her sign it be sure to include repercussions in it. Such as extra chores for breaking the rules (if you do money you will never see it) start fresh with the relationship leave the past in the past and start building a better relationship with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Don't listen to the first negative comments. Do not let her move back in!
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Well I wouldnt give her the whole room for all her shit... When my teen moves out I plan to convert her room into a guest room. Moving home is and will be temporary situtation once you finish school or move out on your own. She would have to stay in the guest room as a GUEST.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM
So I should let her move in and disrupt the whole family again?

Quoting demonica29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM
18 moms liked this
You're wrong
She is doing the right thing
It's called tough love

Quoting demonica29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Oh she doesnt want to be a guest....she wants to move back in all the way. She wants to pretending nothing ever happened.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well I wouldnt give her the whole room for all her shit... When my teen moves out I plan to convert her room into a guest room. Moving home is and will be temporary situtation once you finish school or move out on your own. She would have to stay in the guest room as a GUEST.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)