Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wth was the teacher thinking?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 242 Replies
4 moms liked this
Met the teachers for my kids today.
And my sons teacher gave him and my 5 yyear old a bag of glitter she called jitter glitter to sprinkle under their pillows. Not even 3 minutes after coming home I am on my bed vacuuming under my pillow cause the 5 year old wanted to give me some jitter glitter.

It was a cute idea but omg why???
I could cry right now because I know its in her room and her brothers room as well. I took away her glitter privileges and dad is not going to be happy going.to work tomorrow covered in silver glitter. Smh.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
My dd's kindergarten teacher gave them those. I told her it was meant to stay in the baggie, lol.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
27 moms liked this
Wtf! I would give him some to take to school the first day.
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Ugh glitter? I like the idea, but glitter?!

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Well apparently I'm a Lil slow this morning and I did not make that clear lol

Quoting o.O....: My dd's kindergarten teacher gave them those. I told her it was meant to stay in the baggie, lol.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Serious and its the big fat flakes that think they are glue!

Quoting kaybayblee3:

Ugh glitter? I like the idea, but glitter?!

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Nope, not the greatest idea.

Did you let them have it when they got home, though, or did they sneak off with the bags?

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM
49 moms liked this
I was still unloading the car and letting the dogs out. I came in changed a diaper and came to lay the baby down for a nap and bam. A stripper exploded in my bed.

Quoting PPCLC:

Did you let them have it when they got home, though, or did they sneak off with the bags?

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM
5 moms liked this

That would piss me off.  First not every kid has first day of school jitters.  Mine didn't.  Why plant a seed there?

Second, to suggest my child throw glitter on their bed, which would be hell to clean, would really irritate me.   Let them throw glitter in the classroom, don't tell my kids to do something in my home I would never allow.

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM
16 moms liked this

lol I'm sorry I am laughing not at your situation but your "stripper exploded in my bed." lol Very cute way of putting it!

Glitter....Christmas tinsel..........Easter basket grass.........ALL the minions of Beelzabub. 

ETA...adding small Legos and plastic army men toys to that "minions" list. 

Quoting BraydensMama163: I was still unloading the car and letting the dogs out. I came in changed a diaper and came to lay the baby down for a nap and bam. A stripper exploded in my bed.
Quoting PPCLC:

happynewyorker
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this

That's funny!!

Reminds me of my cousin many years ago that added glitter to her son's birthday cards.  People complained.  LOL!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)