Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seeing as its abortion day again.......

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

Instead of saying it in every post, I will pose the question here.

First, I am prochoice....so lets throw that right out there.  I believe any reason a woman choses to abort is hers and hers alone and none of my business.

I have never understood the logic of women who say "I am prolife except in instances of rape."  Then go on to say that they are prolife because a child is a child at conception.

If a child is a child at conception, then is a child conceived of rape less of a child?  Is it a less innocent child because of how it was conceived?

I have seen said women justify the exception because they take the mother's situation into consideration.  Great.  So why can the mother's situation be taken into consideration in the instance of rape and in no other?  Because YOU personally can understand it?

Sorry, that seems a bit off to me.  Making exceptions for women to have abortions because YOU personally can understand the trauma of carrying that child is beyond hypocritical.  Its basically saying a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy has to pass your moral litmus test, and you have deemed NO OTHER situation worthy of an abortion.

Do you women who take that viewpoint not see the hypocrisy in this?  If a baby is a baby from conception....how it was conceived is entirely irrelevant.  Why does rape erase that fact in your minds....but anything else a woman could be going through that you do not understand does not?

I don't agree with, but understand, women who believe a life is a life.  I don't agree with or understand women who say a life is a life EXCEPT under circumstances they can personally sympathize with.

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

no one's talking about abortion at all right now but you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I think it is hilarious when someone say it is a baby at conception and then goes on to talk about how they use hormonal birth control....in their own logic they would be killing their babies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Where are the abortion posts you speak of?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop bumping your stupid post. Obviously no one cares. Post fail.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

BUMP!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I absolutely agree with you.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM

3rd from the bottom lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are the abortion posts you speak of?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN