Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!!! Chipped tooth!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM
  • 38 Replies
I hate dentists!!!!! I hate them with a passion. But I have to go to mine tomorrow. Already made an appointment so I can't back out.

I have a chipped tooth. Its the tooth to the left of the very first two on the top. So its right in front. Its chipped straight down the side where it touches the first big tooth and a little bit on the front of the tooth. I have insurance, but I have no idea how much this is going to cost me. I'm terrified that he will have to do a root canal ( eek!!! ).

What all does getting a chipped tooth entail? Please, the more advice you give, the better I will be. I will post a picture of the tooth in replies if it will help.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Pic?
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM

This is the tooth. Its not hurting at all. I just hate how when I smile I have a little black spot where its chipped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Its up.

Quoting Anonymous: Pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM
It doesn't look too deep but honestly it depends if there is decay underneath and if the nerve is exposed. If you have any of that, you may need a root canal otherwise it may be something as easy as a filling can fix. Otherwise expect a buildup and crown which is a bit more pricier but I can't tell you exactly as fees are different everywhere. It won't be difficult at all to fix and if you're nervous I would ask for nitrous oxide, Valium, or something to help with your nerves. Good luck!!
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Please help???
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Would any of that be out of my system quick? I have to work every day for the next 2 weeks on second shift. My appointment is at 11, and I have to be at work at 3:30.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: It doesn't look too deep but honestly it depends if there is decay underneath and if the nerve is exposed. If you have any of that, you may need a root canal otherwise it may be something as easy as a filling can fix. Otherwise expect a buildup and crown which is a bit more pricier but I can't tell you exactly as fees are different everywhere. It won't be difficult at all to fix and if you're nervous I would ask for nitrous oxide, Valium, or something to help with your nerves. Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Did you have any kind of problems with the tooth for it to chip? Hopefully just a filling but if the nerve is damaged your probably gonna need a root canal. You will do fine hun
Tohru_Lynn89
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM
This. I have a chipped tooth. All my dentist did was put a cap on it. My cap fell off and it doesn't bother me at all so I didn't get another. I was a minor when it got chipped so I have no idea how much it cost. Good luck.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: It doesn't look too deep but honestly it depends if there is decay underneath and if the nerve is exposed. If you have any of that, you may need a root canal otherwise it may be something as easy as a filling can fix. Otherwise expect a buildup and crown which is a bit more pricier but I can't tell you exactly as fees are different everywhere. It won't be difficult at all to fix and if you're nervous I would ask for nitrous oxide, Valium, or something to help with your nerves. Good luck!!
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Nitrous wears off immediately, you would be able to drive yourself and work. I wouldn't take Valium or anything else if you need to be at work later.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Would any of that be out of my system quick? I have to work every day for the next 2 weeks on second shift. My appointment is at 11, and I have to be at work at 3:30.

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Awesome. It doesnt hurt. No swelling. Its an almost clean break ( I say almost because of the front area where its curved a bit ). God I hope I dont have to have a root canal done......

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: Nitrous wears off immediately, you would be able to drive yourself and work. I wouldn't take Valium or anything else if you need to be at work later.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Would any of that be out of my system quick? I have to work every day for the next 2 weeks on second shift. My appointment is at 11, and I have to be at work at 3:30.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)