Bathroom etiquette-from your friendly neighborhood elementary school custodian
Here are some things custodians and other school employees wish you (general you) as parents would touch base with your children on before the new year.
* It is not OK to have distance contests when using the urinals.
* Spitballs and drawing on the walls is not OK.
* After dropping a duece please flush the toilet.
* Wash your hands after using the bathroom.
* Urinals only need to be flushed once.
* If a custodian or other school employee is cleaning/stocking when you go in to use the restroom wait for them to leave before using the bathroom.
* Pooping and peeing on the walls and floor is disgusting and unhealthy.
* Please dispose of all feminine hygiene products in the proper receptacles.
* Poop is not finger paint (yes this happens)
* Only waste and tp should be flushed down the toilet.
* If your child must wear a diaper to school please provide a bag to dispose of diapers in otherwise the soiled diaper will stink up the bathroom all day till we get in to dump it.
And a side note to parents make sure you wash shoes and backpacks often! As a custodian we only mop once a day and especially at the Jr High level (mostly the boys) there are puddles of urine left on the floor throughout the day!
Here's to a safe and healthy school year.