Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

debating on having another baby - update !!!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 29 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm 27 married with a 2 year old and I'm debating on having another baby. My son is very spoiled and still sleeps with me by choice.  Whether I'm sleeping in his room or he is sleeping in mine. He is stuck to me like glue. Anyone who has a toddler knows kids constantly kick you in the middle of the night. I'm concerned he would hurt me or the baby once I conceive. Maybe I'm overrating a little but lately he's been very active at night and I think he will cause me to have a miscarriage in the future. S/N I miss him so much and can't sleep when he's over grandma's house or in his room. Is it too soon to have another baby???

Please keep all rude comments to yourself!!!! I never understood why people leave rude comments and post anonymous. Caution: I will reply in the same manner

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

a fetus is designed to stand up to a heck of a lot more then a toddler foot

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Your baby is pretty well protected in there. It will have to be a hell of a kick to hurt a baby. I got kicked a few times by my 1 yr old while I was pregnant with #2. #2 came out just fine and healthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM

so, from what I'm reading it sounds like you're single?? if not, seems odd that you would miss him if he's in his room...?

I question this because I cannot fathom anyone CHOOSING to be a single parent....what a huge disservice to the child...so, I guess I would say focus on him and be done if you're alone....just my opinion...

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I'm not sure how you'd even get pregnant if youre sleeping in his room lol. First off, I'm not a fan of cosleeping, but to answer your question, I don't think you're ready for another baby. But the womb is designed to protect a baby.
Babywatkins2012
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

a fetus is designed to stand up to a heck of a lot more then a toddler foot

True

Babywatkins2012
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Quoting kaybayblee3:

Your baby is pretty well protected in there. It will have to be a hell of a kick to hurt a baby. I got kicked a few times by my 1 yr old while I was pregnant with #2. #2 came out just fine and healthy.

Thanks a lot I think I just need to stop worrying so much

Babywatkins2012
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Leissaintexas: I'm not sure how you'd even get pregnant if youre sleeping in his room lol. First off, I'm not a fan of cosleeping, but to answer your question, I don't think you're ready for another baby. But the womb is designed to protect a baby.

I tired to get him to sleep in his room but every morning I would wake up and he would be sleeping right next to me so I kinda gave up.... There are other rooms in my house lol

plprincess78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I'd work on getting the toddler not so attached first.  Sounds like he's super attached and you'll have more problems if you add another baby right now because you'd be taking the attention that 1st child is used to having.  

Plus I assume you'd want to co-sleep with the 2nd as well and it would be very dangerous to the baby to be in the bed with a toddler.  So get the toddler sleeping in  his own room first.

Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.  ~Rabindranath Tagore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN