Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A lot of the moms in my moms group I secretly dont like

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

A lot of the moms in a group I am that meet up are great moms. They value the lives of the children they have and are great moms, even if we do disagree sometimes on certain subjects or do things kind of differently.

But then there are these other moms... they keep popping out babies when they already say regularly that they cannot handle their kids, maybe are spanking angrily, etc. but they get nothing but super happy responses if they are going to TTC or are pregnant and I just sit there like o.O No, no one is gonna be like "should you be TTC if you cannot handle your house?" but that is what I am thinking.

It's really vexxing me that they would TTC when they are already struggling a ton with parenting, cleaning, financially, etc

Also, some of the moms in particular rub me wrong because their houses are very gross and only resemble clean when they are about to have their new baby. I don't mean messy, I am not the best house keeper myself.. I mean dirty nasty gross..

I have a suspicion that they like the attention they get showered on them while pregnant, like the attention they get having the baby, and like the newness of a new baby a lot more than they actually like children. Also, sometimes I think it is a religious motivation or they think that more and more kids will somehow make them happy. Anyway, I feel like a jerk for feeling the way I do about some of these people..  I would never say anything to them.. but I also don't want to be closer friends with some of them.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I don't know why you would waste your time going to a group meet when you do not like these people. Sounds like more of a hassle than a pleasure.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm tickled to death about your use of the word vexing. It's a great word. Annndddd... I'm a nerd.

As for the rest... I agree with you. You're treated like your special and valued when pregnant, I think a lot of women seek out that feeling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I like most of the moms..

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I don'tknowwhy you would waste your time going to a group meet when you do not like these people. Sounds like more of a hassle than a pleasure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Then don't hang out with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Why don't you find a group of friends you enjoy?

readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM

you dont have to be friends with them, don't let who they are affect your judgment of them.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM
You're!!!
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm tickled to death about your use of the word vexing. It's a great word. Annndddd... I'm a nerd.

As for the rest... I agree with you. Your treated like your special and valued when pregnant, I think a lot of women seek out that feeling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I like a lot of them.  I would say it is equal amount of moms that rub me wrong.  I cant just exclude them its not my group and I do make plans with my mom friends outside of this specific meet up.  Plus my kids like theirs and they seem lonely.  Im not going to play mean girl n set up playdates with my friends on this groups meet day just to not feel a lil uncomfortable.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I like a lot of them.  I would say it is equal amount of moms that rub me wrong.  I cant just exclude them its not my group and I do make plans with my mom friends outside of this specific meet up.  Plus my kids like theirs and they seem lonely.  Im not going to play mean girl n set up playdates with my friends on this groups meet day just to not feel a lil uncomfortable.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, you know I think that's pretty normal.  You're bound to find Moms you like and Moms who rub you the wrong way.  I'm in a Mom's group too and some of the Moms are awful, and some are great people.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Lmao!!! I'm off to fix it! Thanks.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You're!!!
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm tickled to death about your use of the word vexing. It's a great word. Annndddd... I'm a nerd.

As for the rest... I agree with you. Your treated like your special and valued when pregnant, I think a lot of women seek out that feeling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN