Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My secret

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM
  • 0 Replies

For at least 13 yrs I have been criticized by my FIL and SIL for how I raise my kids.  I have seen emails talking about how great my husband is doing and how much better the kids would be if he had a little help.  For the past 7 yrs I worked overnight because we could not afford before and after school care for the older two.  That left me enough time to see them off to school and pick them up each day.  Both my husband and I coached the kids sports during this time also.  As you can imagine, this left little time for sleep.  I realize over that time I was cranky and missed a lot of family events due to my work schedules.  I worked up to 7 days a week during that 7 yrs.  I did my best not to miss the school events.

With all of that....my kids are not the ones seeing a psychiatrist.  My kids don't need to transfer schools do to a lack of friends (not being popular) and I am not saying that my kids are popular.  They have had their fair share of drama.  They do not suffer a lack of self esteem and have supported me going back to work during the days.  Yes, it feels great to know that my "neglected" kids are more well adjusted than my SIL's kids who have everything handed to them...short of a stable family (BIL and SIL divorced, SIL moved alcoholic affair partner in and then they remarried).

So I am proud of the job and sacrafices I have made for my family...even if it gets nastiness from his side.

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN