Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What SHOULD parent lie about / never tell their kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 294 Replies
The post about the woman who knew her mother had an abortion made me think. I'm never ever telling ds that I had an abortion. It doesn't help anything and just causes pain. I did it for socially acceptable reasons. I did it long before I had him. But I don't think it's easily forgivable when you perceive the fetus as your sibling.

So other than abortion, should parents avoid telling anything else? Provided the skeletons in the closet are long overcome and don't effect their current lives.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:30 PM
13 moms liked this
I won't tell them all I did as a teen. I was horrible. I expect more from them and no way will I let them throw back at me that I did this or that and still turned out fine. Its true, but not everyone makes the mistakes I did and comes out unscathed.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:33 PM
11 moms liked this

I believe in being open and upfront to my children about anything and everything in my life--good or bad.  My Mom told me everything from drug use, to sex, to abortions, to everything and I want that with my kids.  granted when i was young, she told me that my father was in a camp for adults rather than rehab but there is a difference between lying and destroying the innocence of a child and though she did confirm later that it was rehab, her intentions were good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM
4 moms liked this
My mom had 2 abortions....I didn't lose sleep over it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Who his real father is. Since the birth certificates were changed after my dh adopted my son, there is no way he can find out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM
My mom was pretty open. The only thing she told me that weirded me out was about an affair she had with a friend while married to her first husband. She knows I loath cheaters so it surprised me that she told me. I was weird around her for a little while after.
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM
My mom told me she had an abortion before us. Don't care. Doesn't ever cross my mind, honestly.
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:40 PM
3 moms liked this
SOMETHING KIDS DON'T NEED TO KNOW.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:41 PM
6 moms liked this
My mother gave me great detail about her sex life. NO KEEP IT TO YOURSELF
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this
That's not entirely true. I found my bio dad, even though the birth certificate was changed. Just saying.

Quoting Anonymous: Who his real father is. Since the birth certificates were changed after my dh adopted my son, there is no way he can find out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:43 PM
How did you find out?

Quoting Anonymous: That's not entirely true. I found my bio dad, even though the birth certificate was changed. Just saying.

Quoting Anonymous: Who his real father is. Since the birth certificates were changed after my dh adopted my son, there is no way he can find out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN