Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 y o starting preschool: welcome card? welcome favors???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

I know that when kids are all picked up at the same time, it is probably easier to meet other moms and plan play dates.  But bow that he starts "school", I was wondering if there is anything that some moms do like distributing a card with mommy's info for parents to contact me if they want to schedule a play date or a welcome 'favor" bag??

has anything like this been done?

thanx

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:13 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

renijazzysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM
That's just weird. Your kid hasn't even told you who they like to play with yet.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this

No.. not really.. 

what typically happens is you get to know the other paretns from volunteering, or waiting for drop off/pick up.. you start up a conversation over something you notice you have in common or things your kids bring up (e.i. "oh, your ____'s mom, my daughter can't stop saying enough nice things about her..., I'm ___'s mom btw).

and go from there.

save the "favors" for the birthday parties lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM

he will start  in 2  weeks and I don't think his first concern will be choosing ONE or two buddies to play with. I think it will be more abut getting used to being in a new place which is not a home, eating different food, etc etc.I wanted to see if passing out my name and email could trigger some bonding by organizing a few play dates.

they are all 2 1/2 to 3 year olds

every parent drops kids off at different times amd picks them up at different times so I can't relay on meeting parents when I am there.The center is opened 6 am to 6 pm

Quoting renijazzysmom: That's just weird. Your kid hasn't even told you who they like to play with yet.

renijazzysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM
My 3 year old also goes to preschool and I still think it's weird you want to pass out a card.
Seriously at 3 years old most kids will play with whom ever is around them.

Quoting Anonymous:

he will start  in 2  weeks and I don't think his first concern will be choosing ONE or two buddies to play with. I think it will be more abut getting used to being in a new place which is not a home, eating different food, etc etc.I wanted to see if passing out my name and email could trigger some bonding by organizing a few play dates.

every parent drops kids off at different times amd picks them up at different times so I can't relay on meeting parents when I am there.The center is opened 6 am to 6 pm

Quoting renijazzysmom: That's just weird. Your kid hasn't even told you who they like to play with yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I don't think you are getting my point.I know he will play there. This is to to invite them over so that they can play here 

Quoting renijazzysmom: My 3 year old also goes to preschool and I still think it's weird you want to pass out a card. Seriously at 3 years old most kids will play with whom ever is around them.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Yeah.... No. Wait until he gets to know people and follow his lead.

If I got "carded" by another mom like that I'd assume they have socialization issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:37 AM

I would just call it expansion. of circle of friends...lol

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah.... No. Wait until he gets to know people and follow his lead. If I got "carded" by another mom like that I'd assume they have socialization issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN