Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

h&r vs JH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Has anyone worked for h&r block or Jackson Hewitt as a first year "tax professional" I am looking into taking a course and applying for a job but working on research between the 2 places as far as classes and pay rates etc. I know it'll change a little by area but trying to get more info :)
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I haven't, so here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KendallsMommee: Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Quoting Danesmommy1: I haven't, so here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Bump
Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:51 AM
I giggle at the idea of tax professional.
Anyway that's more on the fools that think they are getting an accountant. Jackson h is a walmart subsidiary. I wouldn't work for that company.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:04 AM
They have CPAs and such and they get the more complex returns, those who take the courses mainly get stuff like 1040ez. At least from what I've read.
I'm considering going for associates in accounting so I figured this will give me a small feel for the field.
If I did JH it wouldn't be in Walmart, If I got the job, although I know several people who work for/have worked. For Walmart without issues

Quoting Spam72: I giggle at the idea of tax professional.
Anyway that's more on the fools that think they are getting an accountant. Jackson h is a walmart subsidiary. I wouldn't work for that company.
Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I hear moms posting about "woe is me I didn't know I had a useless degree" so I'm giving you a tip. Use it as you will.... Get your 4 year in accounting and become a forensic accountant. That's where the big bucks are.

Quoting Anonymous: They have CPAs and such and they get the more complex returns, those who take the courses mainly get stuff like 1040ez. At least from what I've read.
I'm considering going for associates in accounting so I figured this will give me a small feel for the field.
If I did JH it wouldn't be in Walmart, If I got the job, although I know several people who work for/have worked. For Walmart without issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Right now I'm looking into either accounting, business admin or cit.
Ive done some research on them, its still in the works since I won't be starting school for several more months. Although accounting major and i think it was criminal law minor was one I was looking into, but not too crazy over the second part.
Either way I figured it'd be something to get me out of the house and make a few bucks at least while still not working fulltime year round :)

Quoting Spam72: I hear moms posting about "woe is me I didn't know I had a useless degree" so I'm giving you a tip. Use it as you will.... Get your 4 year in accounting and become a forensic accountant. That's where the big bucks are.

Quoting Anonymous: They have CPAs and such and they get the more complex returns, those who take the courses mainly get stuff like 1040ez. At least from what I've read.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Please go to real school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)