Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I shower with my boys

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM
  • 42 Replies
Is it weird i still shower with my 3 and 1 year old. My oldest noticed my anatomy difference awhile ago. We are very specific on boy and girl parts. If i attempt a sneak away shower when daddy is home they find me and jump in. We enjoy it. Its a nightly thing. I will continue this till they decide its uncomfortable.
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM
I probably wouldn't countiue until they are uncomfortable but at that age no biggie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Not a big deal to me, we bathed with our LOs (dd and ds) until when they each got to 3 or so too.
mercedeslynn
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess i dont mean uncomfortable just until they no longer want to. I will never shade my bra changing and dressing they are welcome to see me in any state im in.

Quoting Anonymous: I probably wouldn't countiue until they are uncomfortable but at that age no biggie.
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM
While I don't think they should feel ashamed, or embarrassed to see the female body, I also don't think your vagina should be hanging out in front of your sons. They have to learn appropriate behavior, and the importance of privacy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:50 AM
5 moms liked this
I did until my almost 4 yr old told my penis looked funny 😶
Cocomicah
by time lord on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Omg that's priceless haha

Quoting Anonymous: I did until my almost 4 yr old told my penis looked funny 😶
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM
I just feel as parents it's our job to teach our children boundries and at some point you are going to have to set some there. Do you really want your 10 year old staring at your vagina?.

Quoting mercedeslynn: I guess i dont mean uncomfortable just until they no longer want to. I will never shade my bra changing and dressing they are welcome to see me in any state im in.

Quoting Anonymous: I probably wouldn't countiue until they are uncomfortable but at that age no biggie.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Hahahaha
Well does it?

Quoting Anonymous: I did until my almost 4 yr old told my penis looked funny 😶
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:01 AM

That seems normal for 3 and 1. I used to shower with my ds7 up until he was around 3 or 4, but now I don't. I don't make a big deal if I'm undressed in front of him, but if he does walk in I calmly ask for some privacy.

tuplamama
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Here in Finland families go together to sauna, children learn early on that there is nothing to be ashamed of with your body and also that bodies come with all sizes and shapes - nudity has nothing to do with sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN