Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So afraid sleeping alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I lived with my bf for two years. I had to kick him oUT because he had an addiction problem. We'll I feel like I have some really bad emotional issues. When I first moved into my house (2 level) in December, I had police at my door looking for a previous tenant , pounding on my door at the literal CRACK of dawn, then the dude who they were looking for starts showing up at my place! Acting werid, trying to come in. Scared me so bad. Then one day the cops arrest him in front of my home in the morning, I was still asleep but I guess he robbed someone then came to my house walking around mg house and knocking. Then his friends came over once. One of my exes friends come here all mad . Random crazy guy came to my house at 4 am twisting my knob and knocking , yelling to let him in..He's cold!!! Seriously, when someone knocks on the door I go into full panic feeling. It was so stressful. Now I can't sleep upstairs, I have to sleep on my couch so I can hear everything. There's 3 entrances to my house and I need to hear. I went to sleep with my son around 5am today , he woke me up and wanted me to come sleep with him. I did and heard my cats drop something downstairs and in my dreams it was knocking so I jump out of bed freaked out, til I could wake up and see what was going on. My boyfriend really put me through a lot and I love my peace now but I Also feel so uneasy I'm always afraid someone's gonna break in. What can I do anyone been though this feeling?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this
You need a dog, a BIG one. It'll be able to hear better than you and alert you and of course offer some protection.
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM

If you cant' move, get a dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM
I think so. My home is older. I mean they did a nice job updating, but my doors aren't "new" or steel or anything. I feel like anyone could bust through. I honestly wish I would have just gotten a newer condo or townhouse to rent

Quoting Danesmommy1: You need a dog, a BIG one. It'll be able to hear better than you and alert you and of course offer some protection.
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Do you have an alarm system? I'd seriously work one into the budget.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:16 AM
I'm in a Lease through December 15. And I have moved so much I'm just so tired of it. I was trying to settle in for a few years =(

Quoting 3JuJu3:

If you cant' move, get a dog.

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Dog or an alarm.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:20 AM
I feel similarly. I sleep on the couch if DF isn't home, because I can't hear if someone breaks in.
our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM
I definitely agree about getting a dog and/or an alarm. My husband is gone a lot and I dislike being alone so we have 2 big dogs that only bark when they hear something, and an alarm system that is controlled by our phones/iPads. They've helped both of us have peace of mind. Highly recommend one or the other or both. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Yeah I might really have to. Thanks

Quoting TexasGirl90: Do you have an alarm system? I'd seriously work one into the budget.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Get one of those alarms you can attach to you door, and windows..i don't know what they are called but my cousin is very paranoid, and got some for his apartment, he also bought some guns...

a few years ago someone tried breaking into my apartment...and now I'm forever paranoid, especially when I'm all alone

hugs to you...i know that feeling, unable to sleep, every little noise, especially at night freaks me out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)