Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Car seat mamas Help!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM
  • 28 Replies

My daughter will be 4 in September and she has outgrown the 5 point harness carseat we have. Her ears are touching the top of the carseat. This is not good right? SO what is the next option for her? Can she go into a booster? with a regular seatbelt. i hate those! And wanted her in a 5 point carseat but i have 4 kids that all need carseats(ages 1,2,3,6) so cost is not in my favor

She is 36 pounds. Not sure on height

Thanks!

Like Free stuff? Come check us out! We have Frugal Ideas, Freebies, Sweepstakes, Instant win games & more! Even ways to Earn Money. ]C8lin's Freebie Page 100% Free stuff! Group - CafeMom

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:57 AM
How tall does her carseat go up to now?

I honestly don't think she is old enough or heavy enough for a booster.
C8linVilla
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:00 AM

I agree but the carseat is THIS one and her head is well above the back of the seat. 

Quoting Anonymous: How tall does her carseat go up to now? I honestly don't think she is old enough or heavy enough for a booster.

CaptD2
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:03 AM
My almost four year old is in a Graco Nautilus which is a 5 point harness that will become a booster seat when he's ready. It also has a head rest that rises with the child's height. He weighs 42 lbs and is almost 44 inches and he still fits well. Could you look into one of those? She'll be able to fit in that and use it for the booster until she's out of a car seat. le
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:12 AM
What's your budget for a new seat?
Sounds like she had outgrown the height. My kids outgrow their seats height wise vs weight first.

She could definitely be kept harnessed for awhile longer with the right seat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Yeah. As far as height goes, I haven't found one for cheep that will work better. :/

As far as high back booster requirements she can ride in one though.

Quoting C8linVilla:

I agree but the carseat is THIS one and her head is well above the back of the seat. 

Quoting Anonymous: How tall does her carseat go up to now?

I honestly don't think she is old enough or heavy enough for a booster.

Endo.girl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Maybe go to babies r us with her and have her sit in a few to find out which is the best fit for her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Oh yeah, that seat is basically useless. Buy it and you'll wind up buying another harnessed seat every time.

Luckily for you there's a lot of clearance going on just now. I saw a My Size at Target for $45 this week, usually it's around $120. I bought one last year for my toddler and my seven year old could still be harnessed comfortably at about 50" tall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Check out THIS one if your looking for cheap.  I wouldnt use it personaly because carseats are not something I skimp on but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  They all have to pass saftey standards to be sold in stores.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah. As far as height goes, I haven't found one for cheep that will work better. :/ As far as high back booster requirements she can ride in one though.
Quoting C8linVilla:

Quoting Anonymous: How tall does her carseat go up to now? I honestly don't think she is old enough or heavy enough for a booster.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:20 AM
I second this, and a graco nautilis(sp?) As well. Had the nautalis for my ODD anf LOVED it. It usually runs about 120 though last i checked. Which its been a few years

Quoting Anonymous: Oh yeah, that seat is basically useless. Buy it and you'll wind up buying another harnessed seat every time.

Luckily for you there's a lot of clearance going on just now. I saw a My Size at Target for $45 this week, usually it's around $120. I bought one last year for my toddler and my seven year old could still be harnessed comfortably at about 50" tall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:25 AM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Lydia/19514415

this one goes to 65# and 52" long for $75. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN