Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And she wonders way she's always broke....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
Last week my sister called and asked to borrow some money. She needed to pay her electric bill before it got shut off on Friday and needed money for groceries. She would qualify for food stamps she just won't go sign up. So I paid her electric in full (almost $400 seeing as she was almost 3 months behind) and took her grocery shopping and spent almost $250 on that. She doesn't get paid till next week supposedly. She promised she would pay me back with her next check. Last night she checked in on Facebook at a local tattoo place. I'll admit I was annoyed but was hoping she was there with a friend. Nope, this morning she has a picture of a new tattoo outline the entire length of her calf. She said it's not done and will probably take two more visits and how it's going to be her biggest tattoo yet. Now I'm passed annoyed, I'm angry. She doesn't have money for food or electric but can go this huge tattoo? It's not like we just had $650 to hand out. I took the money out of our vacation savings and she knew that. I just feel like if she had the money for this tattoo it should have went to her bills and then she could pay herself back. I'm guessing I'm never seeing that money again.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably not. Don't bail her out again.

TxCowGirl07
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

No matter how good you are, you cant fix STUPID !

DirtyPrincess
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM
People like that piss me off. She needs to get her priorities straight. I would never help her again.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Lesson learned. Let her ass sink next time.
Mommabear81312
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Sadly, consider it a lesson learned. She sounds very irresponsible so don't count on getting your money back. 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Your sister is a friggin LOSER ! I would bet my house she doesnt pay you back. Hugs mama I would be blowing up her phone.

Quiet.Disaster
by Becca on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Here let me go get a tattoo and not pay my own electric and food! Your sister is kinda stupid.... The priorities she has
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Ugh
LClark1973
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think your sister is stupid, She manipulated you into paying her bills so she could get a tattoo. * ETA - she is a bitch just like mine. 

rescuerdownunde
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I'm sorry OP, I would be hurt she took advantage of me and livid! Don't ever put yourself out for others. If you have the money and can afford to lose it, fine. But don't ever put yourself in a financial bind for someone else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)