Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gyne exams, Has anyone delayed them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I have put mine off for more years than I know, at least 5. Now I have problems I never expected. I looked the symptoms up on line and think I may have some type of cancer. I'll be scheduling an appointment, but I'm really scared now!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I had my tubes tied in 2004 had an ablasion in 2005 had my last pap in 2005. My pcp keeps telling me to go get a pap but I refuse.
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't be scared . You will never know unless you get checked out. I'm in the same boat as you and I scheduled my appointment for the end of this month. My motivation are my kids, if I do have something (which I suspect ) then I need to get it looked at now before I've wait too long and there's nothing that they can do. I've waited long enough and I think it's time . Hugs to you and I hope everything works out :) stay strong .
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Haven't been for about 10 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM
The only reason I wouldn't get a pap is if I didn't have a cervix. I'm big on health maintenance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM
It's always cancer on line. You'll be fine. Make the appointment and go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I don't get why you put it off.. part of the joy of being a woman..

I just remind my husband that while now he doesn't have to worry a few  years from now he will have to get his prostate checked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM
I only go when pregnant. With my last I never went to my pp visit. I hope everything is okay with you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM
I went about 6 years without going and I only went a few months ago because I was pregnant. Also relax and stop looking things up. Lol I stopped looking things up because every symptom I looked up would tell me cancer no matter what I'd look up. It will make you crazy. Good luck!
Babujai
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I cancelled my last appointment about 3 years ago and never rescheduled.  I keep saying I will, but then I always forget or am too busy to do it.  If I could schedule it online like I do the eye-doctor I'd be there though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I had cervical cancer when I was 19.  I've never gone more than 1 year between exams since then.  Just relax and go for your exam.  Odds are you will be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)