Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does this make me a bad person or a bad wife ?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM
  • 452 Replies
1 mom liked this

Back in June it was discovered that my mother in law was 2 months behind on her rent and about to be evicted so my husband and I paid her back rent for her . On Monday she got another eviction notice because she's 2 months behind again , the last payment they received was from us . My husband suggest that we just let her move in with us , my instant response without even thinking was hell no . I do have plenty of room and could accommodate her if I wanted to but I simply don't want to .  There is only room for 1 adult woman in my home and that's me . Does this make me a bad person or a bad wife ? She has to money to pay her rent but she would rather spend it on drugs and alcohol BTW .

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diamondprnces
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Its his mother, yes
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM
75 moms liked this

Nope, even without her addictions.

That sounds like a hot mess.  It's just going to give her a license to do drugs and get drunk in your home.

Does your husband really want that type of behavior in his home, around his children?

YuppyMom
2 moms liked this
Nope. Your home--you do not have to share it.
diamondprnces

And it's my house 

Quoting diamondprnces:

Back in June it was discovered that my mother in law was 2 months behind on her rent and about to be evicted so my husband and I paid her back rent for her . On Monday she got another eviction notice because she's 2 months behind again , the last payment they received was from us . My husband suggest that we just let her move in with us , my instant response without even thinking was hell no . I do have plenty of room and could accommodate her if I wanted to but I simply don't want to .  There is only room for 1 adult woman in my home and that's me . Does this make me a bad person or a bad wife ? She has to money to pay her rent but she would rather spend it on drugs and alcohol BTW .

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM
21 moms liked this

Let her get evicted and then help her pay for rehab.  Moving in with you is not an option.  She's completely taking advantage.

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope im the same way! Im the queen of my house and thats that.. Dd (13) tries and it dont get her to far. Not to mention if your dh knows she spends her money on drugs and alcohol why would he want that type of influence around his children
diamondprnces
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

And it's my house 

Quoting Anonymous: Its his mother, yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats messed up.. he will pick her over you..
loveyourenemy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't either unless it was a separate apartment inside the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)