Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She won't let me hold the baby....would you be concerned?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 489 Replies
My DD had her DD 3 months ago. Well since she has born my DD has not let anyone (except for her DH occasionally) hold for or do anything for the baby. At first I just thought she was nervous but it has been 3 months

I have tried talking to her about it and she completely avoids it or just (pretends?) she doesnt realize she does it.

I mean not once has anyone besides her or her DH has held the baby. I am starting to get worried. DH says I am just overthinking it and that she is a first time mom getting used to it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM
7 moms liked this

to each their own

my ds was passed around like a football before he left the hospital, but I wouldn't judge someone who keeps baby close

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM
6 moms liked this
Worried about what exactly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM
That she wont let anyone hold her baby and even doesnt like her own husband and father of the baby to hold their child.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Worried about what exactly?
staci1103
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It's odd for sure but maybe she's nervous about germs and such.  Is this her first child?

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
All first time mom's are different. Just give her time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Yes. I dont think it is about germs because she will let us kiss the baby and stuff.

Quoting staci1103:

It's odd for sure but maybe she's nervous about germs and such.  Is this her first child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I knew someone like that once, but she would only let family hold the baby. I remember her letting me hold him and she made such a big deal about me being the first non-relative to hold him. He was like 11 months old. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Ok..She's a new mom. Not everyone wants her child passed around. Some guys aren't comfortable with tiny babies.

Quoting Anonymous: That she wont let anyone hold her baby and even doesnt like her own husband and father of the baby to hold their child.
Quoting notjstasocermom: Worried about what exactly?

JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM
13 moms liked this

hmm I was never worried to let anyone hold him. Im of the "the more germs the better" mindset...natural immunity and all that. i even let my BFF's 5yr old DD hold him in the hospital. she thought it was about the coolest thing in the world!

AnonyDaMouse
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
my ds was passed around to everyone when he was born, and he never got sick. thats definately weird..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN