Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

car rider line nearly gave me a heartastroke!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • 325 Replies
9 moms liked this
So I drive an hhr. I have a baby in the middle in his car seat. My daughter sits to the right in her booster and my 8 year old sits to the left.

When I picked ds up today they wouldn't let him get in my car. Why? Because he has to get in on the right side. And they cannot allow him to walk around my car. So I had to find a parking spot and go in search of the principal.

I was so mad at this point. Not only did I have to park and go in I had to drag my baby in and my 5 year old after I waited nearly 45 minutes to get her and had to haul ass to the other school which is on the other side of town to get ds before it got late because apparently its a good idea to let both schools out 5 minutes apart. This does not allow much time to get to the other school.

Anyway they tried to treat me like a child and ask me if the baby had to sit in the middle. Um yes he does. That's safest for him. Does dd have to sit in a booster? Um she does. She's small for her age and still needs the damn booster. Can my oldest sit in the front? Is that even a real question? He's 8!!! No he cannot.
Their solution? Drop the 5 year old off. Have the 8 year old crawl over his baby brother and sit in the booster until we get to his school. Once I get home I should switch the booster to the left side of the car and have dd crawl over her brother to sit in her booster so ds can get in on the right side at his pick up. And then switch the booster back when we get home so we can do it all over again the next day.

I swear to god my blood vessels in my forehead are about to explode.

****Edit to add****

I find some of you women to be total asshats. Its not necessary to take a rant about a stupid policy and make it look as if I'm screaming and cursing and threatening to shoot up a school. Its a rant, the language isn't even that bad and if you would take the time to read my post without trying to make it cafemom drama approved you would have seen I'm not even making it to be as big of a deal as half you are. There were 3-4 women who came across as especially childish and many more that came off as not even having read the damn post. Also if you have no idea what an hhr is or never seen or sat inside one please dont tell me how big they are because you actually literally do not know what you are talking about and that makes your point moot.

Now to answer in bulk some of the ladies who actually tried to offer suggestions that would work, the infant car seat only fits in the middle, just like with many other small cars. If I sat the baby behinde I'd be touching me steering wheel to allow his seat to fit properly. My oldest cannot climb over into the back because the car seat is in the middle where he would have to climb over and as my car is so small the car seat comes up between the two front seats so there's no room for his legs to get around the car seat.
And another thing 2-3 people have made ridiculous ccomments assuming that I do not care for the safety of my oldest and am willing to risk his life by asking he be walked around the car. Do you seriously not see how stupid and far fetched that comes off as? I cannot help bit wonder how some of you actually have friend in real life, because I cannot imagine wanting to be anywhere near half of you as rude and mean as you are to people you do not even know.

Instead of just jumping right to a rude and unnecessary comments for whatever reason you think you have to be the way you are, stop, read the whole post, consider the possibilities, think of a reply, think again about the reply and then be helpful. Or just say I'm sorry you had a hard day or I know it sucks but that's the rule. Maybe you will get use to the routine, or offer a better suggestion if you have one.
Not, omg the world must stop spinning because Something did go your way.

Seriously? Do you actually think I expect the world to stop until my problem is solved? Do you actually think I am unconcerned with my sons safety and am OK with him being g hurt or killed? Of course not. So stop being so dramatic. Stop taking shit so seriously and try being helpful or just positive instead of calling each other twat waffles or refering to others kids as spawn or crotch droppings. Wth is wrong with you?
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

why not just have one of the kids sit in the front seat until you are thru the pick up line, then pull over and put them where they need to sit? our school is the same way. they only allow kids to exit and enter on the right side. its because people in the back will go around and pass on the left. they don't want kids getting hit. 

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Because I have a 10 minute window to make a 15 minute drive so that I can get my son before the final bell of the day. Since they let out at the same time and I'd have to pull over on side of the highway. No thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

why not just have one of the kids sit in the front seat until you are thru the pick up line, then pull over and put them where they need to sit? our school is the same way. they only allow kids to exit and enter on the right side. its because people in the back will go around and pass on the left. they don't want kids getting hit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Why can't your DD sit on the left?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM
5 moms liked this
So your only worried about 2 kids safety? You want one kid walking into traffic and getting hit? You are mad because they don't want him hit by a car?
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM
10 moms liked this

Honestly, some of the things the lot of you get so pissed off about.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Then you're probably going to have to sit the baby elsewhere.

edit

I mean the other one in the booster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Why can't your son crawl in and out through the front?
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Because she goes to school also... She has to get in and out on the right side. And she's the first drop off and pick up

Quoting Anonymous: Why can't your DD sit on the left?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM
4 moms liked this

well its really the quickest and easiest solution. I know its a hassle. but it only takes a few seconds. just pull over after you leave the school parking lot or park for a second in the parking lot and let the kids move to where they need to and then move along. its either that or parking and walking in and picking them up. 

Quoting BraydensMama163: Because I have a 10 minute window to make a 15 minute drive so that I can get my son before the final bell of the day. Since they let out at the same time and I'd have to pull over on side of the highway. No thanks.
Quoting Anonymous:

mamatink7
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

that is sooo rediculous for them to 'tell' you how to position your children in your car!! i cannot stand when schools let out that close together. made me late getting the older ones every day last year. grrr hope they changed that 

good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)