Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I really don't know how we are going to do this Edited!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies

My DD starts kinder on the 25th and not only do I have to deal with my anxiousness but I also have to figure out a schedule. My dh goes to work at 4 pm and gets off at 1am. He does not have a drivers license so I have to pick him up. We have noone else to do it so I am going to have to wake dd up to pick him up and then try to get her back to sleep so she can be up at 7. It's just so UGH!! I'm starting at the beginning of next week to try to get us on the schedule but I know it's going to be hell on all of us. Dh has been looking for a different job during the day but hasn't had any luck yet. I'm just worried about what this is going to do to dd. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

EDIT:

Dh and I have discussed it and may have come up with a solution finally. We are going to talk to my grandmother and see if dd can stay with her on the nights that he works and we pick her up before my grandma goes to work in the morning and get her ready for school. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cymkare
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Does he have any co-workers who could bring him home? Maybe for some extra gas money? 

mjhunter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM
How far away is the work? Could he take a taxi?
me_plus3
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I don't but good luck to all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Can he get his license? Catch a ride with a coworker? Waking her up at 1 am seems unacceptable to me.
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Why doesn't he have a license? That seems like the easiest fix.

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Why doesn't he have a license

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM

can he get his drivers lic.? 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I watch 3 children who's mom gets them up at 3:30 to bring here. They all sleep in the car, and then fall asleep as soon as they lay down here.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Don't wake her up and just bring her to the car. Yes, she may wake up a bit but less likely to stay up.

He can get a ride from someone at work. My hubby does this when I need the car for the night.

He can bike.

He can walk. Both these two depending on distances and weather.

He can take a taxi or bus if it's it running that late or area. This is one thing we wish the bus would go out to hubby's work. 

He can get his licences.

wamom223
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Yes my friend was in the same boat and her man woke up early and either rode his bike or took the bus.  I'm talking the man rode his bike in the snow so his daughter didn't have her schedule disrupted.  Then he got his license and bought himself a beater with a heater.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN