Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pitbulls.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Here's the story (I'm having a bad day already so I am finding myself far over adjitated then I probably should be so I want opinions). I came home yesterday to a tag on my apartment door. (We just moved in like 3 weeks ago) from the animal shelter with the dog "running at large" box checked. So at this point I'm utterly confused because my dog has never been outside our apartment without being on a leash. I call the shelter this morning assuming she has the wrong house... and she proceeds to tell me that they posted that because they were forwarded a police report from the police department. So at this point I'm shocked and I go on to ask the women what the police report says. She tells me it says my dog attacked another dog. (More shock at this point because I still have no clue what she's talking about). She proceeds to tell me she can't give me anymore information because the copy they received says the caller wished to stay anonymous and to get more details I would need to speak to the police. So naturally I call them and the lady faxes me the police report. (Btw the call happened like 3 days ago and this is the first I have heard of it) So I get the report and all the info and the sheet says the puppy came out the door and up to her and her dog and "attacked" her dog. Then the report goes on to say "but she has asked the office r not to come over and discuss it with me, she just wanted to report the agressive dog because she has seen them on the news lately". So at this point I'm definitely floored. For one if my dog was attacked I would definitely want something additional done. So I pick my son up from school today and ask him if he has any idea what this could be about because he is usually the one in charge of taking her out. He tells me he slipped out the door the other morning before he could get the leash on her. Then he says as he was trying to get her the lady came out with her lab. Apparently my puppy then started trying to play with the lab. The ladys dog also slipped of it's leash as he was trying to get the puppy. Then the lady called her dog and went inside. There was no barking. No growling. No biting. NOTHING. She is simply a puppy and she was trying to play. Now believe me I understand the ladys point and I've talked to my son about making sure her leash is on before he opens the door, but I mean come on.... she called and reported an attack by an aggressive animal when the situation was far from that. I work very hard to socialize my dogs (I have two other adult dogs) and this just pisses me off. How do you call the police and just straight lie. I've already spoken to dispatch and they are doing no additional follow up but I'm still pissed. I'm sure I'll get hateful replies because she did go out the door, but she surly didn't attack anyone or any animal and I'm just upset that someone would blatantly lie about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Paragraphs would be nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Sorry I'm mobile if I put them my phone deletes them anyway so I just don't. If you can't read it or don't want to good for you.
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Doesnt really matter if she lied. No follow up. Bottom line. Keep ur dog leashed or make sure ur child doesnt allow it to run out. Maybe the child shouldnt have that responsibility
wamom223
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM

This was super hard to read but as a fellow animal lover I endured.  So what does the 'running at large' ticket mean?  Is there some consequence or fine for it?  If there is it shouldn't just be based on someone's word who wishes to remain anonymous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM
True and I already stated I've handled that issue. My son is capable of taking the dog out. So you're telling me if I called the police and filed a false police report on you you wouldn't be the least bit upset? It's a misdemeanor to file a false police report.

Quoting hismommy2010: Doesnt really matter if she lied. No follow up. Bottom line. Keep ur dog leashed or make sure ur child doesnt allow it to run out. Maybe the child shouldnt have that responsibility
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Sure, i would be upset - for a moment. But since it had no real effect on my life, id let it go. I enjoy my life happiness and stress free time. So why would i want to allow myself to continue to boil over something that is no longet an issue?
Be thankful. It was reported half truth. But it made you aware that it is possible for the dog to get out. Which has made you
More aware of how to prevent it in the future so that no one is ever harmed. Not even your dog

Quoting Anonymous: True and I already stated I've handled that issue. My son is capable of taking the dog out. So you're telling me if I called the police and filed a false police report on you you wouldn't be the least bit upset? It's a misdemeanor to file a false police report.

Quoting hismommy2010: Doesnt really matter if she lied. No follow up. Bottom line. Keep ur dog leashed or make sure ur child doesnt allow it to run out. Maybe the child shouldnt have that responsibility
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM

That plain stinks.  That lady is so wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:05 PM
It wasn't even a ticket so I'm not sure what the point was. The shelter just basically wanted to make sure was licensed and vetted (which she is) so there nothing additional at all that will come of it. I think it's just the fact that the police report actually says that she felt the need to call because she's seen them on the news and knows they're aggressive dogs... sigh.

Quoting wamom223:

This was super hard to read but as a fellow animal lover I endured.  So what does the 'running at large' ticket mean?  Is there some consequence or fine for it?  If there is it shouldn't just be based on someone's word who wishes to remain anonymous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM
You're right and I probably needed to hear that. I'm having a bad day and this has put me over the edge.

Quoting hismommy2010: Sure, i would be upset - for a moment. But since it had no real effect on my life, id let it go. I enjoy my life happiness and stress free time. So why would i want to allow myself to continue to boil over something that is no longet an issue?
Be thankful. It was reported half truth. But it made you aware that it is possible for the dog to get out. Which has made you
More aware of how to prevent it in the future so that no one is ever harmed. Not even your dog

Quoting Anonymous: True and I already stated I've handled that issue. My son is capable of taking the dog out. So you're telling me if I called the police and filed a false police report on you you wouldn't be the least bit upset? It's a misdemeanor to file a false police report.

hismommy2010
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Yea momma let it roll of your back like water on a duck. ;)

Quoting Anonymous: You're right and I probably needed to hear that. I'm having a bad day and this has put me over the edge.

Quoting hismommy2010: Sure, i would be upset - for a moment. But since it had no real effect on my life, id let it go. I enjoy my life happiness and stress free time. So why would i want to allow myself to continue to boil over something that is no longet an issue?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN