Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

koolade

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this
My cousin and i went to the store very near the end of the month of July, to grab some snacks for our kids.....we were in line behind this woman who was buying peanut butter, bread and milk. She also had three packets of koolaid. They were paying for it with change out of envelopes like maybe it was change they had saved up through the month. Mom asked the cashier to remove the koolades and the little girl looked upset but didn't cry or fuss about it, she just took the packets out of her bag and handed them to the cashier and when they were finished they left.
I had my cousin grab the packets and run them on our ticket and then run with them out to the lady.
she came back in as we were finishing and said "omg, they were so happy". As i was walking out the store the mom gave the little girl the packets and she just got so happy. It made me feel good that i COULD do something to make SOMEONE happy. And even though i am anon here, some of you ladies would understand how good this was for me after a post i put up a couple weeks ago.
My life was shit growing up, people always say "my life was shit growing up" but i never got to be that little kid at the store who just wanted some koolaid and got it.
It didn't make me feel good in the sense of look what good of a person i am, but more like "wow, i made that girl smile just by spending .30 on her.
P.S. yes, i know KOOLADE is spelled wrong in my title. On purpise
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It's Koolaid,geez.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That is really awesome.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you could make her smile. :)
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah!
HamsterandCow
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Finally something nice to read about. Funny how doing something so small can make you feel so good.
LimeTree
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That's sweet. I love being able to do something that to us seems so small, but to a kid it can make their day.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

who gives a shit how koolaid is spelled?? you did a good thing and you made my heart smile

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That was really sweet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww love it
girlywifey
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! Sorry your life was shit growing up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)