Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

weight loss?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone had any success losing weight with any prescription weight loss drugs?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM
People don't have trouble losing weight with pills, they have trouble keeping the weight low. If you want to lose weight you need to change your lifestyle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:10 PM
I have lost 27 pounds in two months with my fitness pal application and exercise.
Tiffanie2
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous: People don't have trouble losing weight with pills, they have trouble keeping the weight low. If you want to lose weight you need to change your lifestyle.

This ^

ShoeStrings
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I did good on them, I lost fifty pounds in six months and used that time to make a lifestyle change that was easy to stick to once I quit taking them. I've only gained back about 5 pounds and that was two years ago.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM
This. There is no "easy way". Eat healthy ..stay active. Thats the only real way to lose and maintain

Quoting Anonymous: People don't have trouble losing weight with pills, they have trouble keeping the weight low. If you want to lose weight you need to change your lifestyle.
LivingDeadGirlx
by WhiteTrash on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM
No I've tried phentermine and adderol and neither one has worked. You gain all the weight back as soon as you stop taking them.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Yes. My sister lost 60lbs on adipex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Adipex (I believe that's the name) I lost 47 lb. in less than 4 months  and I want 15 more off, but it totally suppresses your appetite, so I will start taking halfs after I lose these last 15 and then be conscious of portion size and exercise, I have not exercised at all because I want to tone up when I am at my ideal weight and someone once said to me "Just taste the food, a few bites" he was a Dr., that is all I do now is have a little bit of food, our bodies don't need these huge portions, and I will only eat when I am hungry.  It is going to be hard once I wean off the pills but I have more self control now and want to eat healthy, it's a challenge getting protein in though so I guess I will stick to chicken marinated and baked /grilled fish and again eat only a little, My body is now adjusted to not very small portions, It worked great for me and I didn't have any weird side effects either

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM

No pill ever worked for me.  Only going  zero to low carb made the scale budge for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN