Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never seen so many pampered, spoiled, entitled people!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
House Hunters on HGTV. These people are NEVER happy!
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teenkabear
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
IKR...I watch it because I love seeing all the nice houses, but some if those people need a reality check.

"Geez I just really love this 999,000 dollar house, but it's a half a mile further away from my job & even though that amount of gas money pales in comparison to the ridiculous amount I'm going to pay for this house, it's still just dreadful!!"
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Well... they are get this, house hunting
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:31 AM
That show is so staged. I used to like it. It seems so fake now.
Crashly
by Ashley on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM
I haven't watched that show in forever!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM
It's scripted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM
That show is fake! My friend who lives in Hawaii was paid $800 to appear on the show. He had to act like he was looking for an apartment in Honolulu. He was broke so he figured why not. He said they already select the apts they're going to see. The only thing that is real are the reactions to the homes. They told him to be honest about what he liked and didn't like a out them. But at the end of the taping, he went right back to his old house with his 3 roommates. It's all fake!
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Really? Wow...But what about the updates and remodels?

Quoting Anonymous: That show is fake! My friend who lives in Hawaii was paid $800 to appear on the show. He had to act like he was looking for an apartment in Honolulu. He was broke so he figured why not. He said they already select the apts they're going to see. The only thing that is real are the reactions to the homes. They told him to be honest about what he liked and didn't like a out them. But at the end of the taping, he went right back to his old house with his 3 roommates. It's all fake!
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Uh, yeah. I've house-hunted before, too. It's one thing to say no to a house after seeing it. It's another to criticize every. little. thing during the walkthrough.

Quoting justpeachy71904: Well... they are get this, house hunting
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM

It is fake.  

Quoting KairisMama: That show is so staged. I used to like it. It seems so fake now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:46 AM
It's all fake. They revisit the homes that have been remodeled and ask the current owners of they can show the new place. Then they just ask the "actors" to come back and pretend they made improvements. And they pay the people who live in these homes too. When my friend went to see these apartments, they were all occupied by people already. He said the owners would just stand around while the camera crews were shooting. He told me it was awkward because he had to make comment about the home but the owners were usually standing right there watching. One family had kids playing in the backyard while he looked around.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: Really? Wow...But what about the updates and remodels?

Quoting Anonymous: That show is fake! My friend who lives in Hawaii was paid $800 to appear on the show. He had to act like he was looking for an apartment in Honolulu. He was broke so he figured why not. He said they already select the apts they're going to see. The only thing that is real are the reactions to the homes. They told him to be honest about what he liked and didn't like a out them. But at the end of the taping, he went right back to his old house with his 3 roommates. It's all fake!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN