Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Everything we worked soo hard on is going down the drain

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have custody over my 16 year old niece,I got her last year,her parents got into some trouble with the law & she became a huge problem for my aunts in Atlanta, so they sent her down here to me, got her a tutor & helped her get her grades & gpa up, paid for all her extra school activities, (softball,track,cheerleading,&volleyball)& since she helped out around the house soo much I paid for drivers ed & she got her license, I got her a car & she's allowed to drive it to school,practice,to friends house etc but it won't officially be hers until she graduates... We'll recently her mom got out & asked if I could send my niece back down to Atlanta, & I know it's not my child but I really didn't want to send her back because she gets into soo much trouble out there, soo when her mom came to Cali to visit my niece explained to her that she wants to graduate from here & then go to college after high school, her mom said it was cool,& she was proud that her DD had planned for college but she wanted my niece to come spend some time up there with them & some of her family on her dad's side that live out here. We'll my niece went out to Atlanta for two weeks & came back & went to stay with her dad's sisters for another two weeks,one day I popped up over there because my niece hadn't been answering her phone in days,soo the aunt says my niece us sleep, I asked if she could wake her up & she kept making excuses,10 minutes later my niece is getting dropped off right in front of the aunties house by a boy,I asked what was that all about & the auntie said " oooh I knew where she was at,he's a family friend" I told my Niece to get her stuff & let's go,we'll her shirt was kinda too small soo when she walked past I could see her sides & she got 3 tattoos on her back,& she has one her hand, at this point I'm very upset, I ask her what's that about & she couldn't even say nothing,I said " we'll I guess h don't want to cheer this year,cause you know mrs.A (cheer coach ) said no visible tattoos... Then a week later a job at a child development center calls her back(she went on a interview before she left to Atlanta)& they wanted her to come in for background test & drug test. Welp she failed the drug test....
I'm not even sure what to do with this situation,I dknr want to be a bitch & keep her away from her family but they're really a big set back for her,she was doing soo much better without them....
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM
If you have legal custody, it's 100% your call. She obviously doesn't care that much about cheerleading.
Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Lay down the law and give her a choice. Living with you with rules and a future or with her other family and a dead end. Let her chose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelanieJK
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:08 AM

If you have custody,   can't you specify that the mom has to come visit her at your place?      You gave them a chance.

mommyof24ever
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Keep her away or keep her supervised when with them.
Larae1990
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:35 AM
This one is hard for me, as a teen I was put in the same situation. Just explain to her that she only has a few more years of really buckling down and getting her future set, then she can have all the fun she wants. Plus she will be able to take care of herself. So she can tuff it out now and have a future/ or blow it all and have nothing in life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)