Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my niece was molested...possible trigger...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
What am I supposed to do???? I...I dont know what im supposed to do...or say...or feel...

She says that her grandpa (her fathers dad) has been tickling her privates. At the er they found a scratch on her labia. And further irritation. But since she wouldn't say anything to the dr. (She was scared) they couldn't really say anything conclusive. (She is four)

We have gone and done everything that we are supposed to do. Her father is completely rejecting it and even said that it must be one of us. The papers are in place but the step in judge says that she still has to go with her dad (long story but he leaves her with said grandpa every chance he gets)....so we are going to hide. We have papers stating that we are withholding for a reasonable cause but they take ten days to process.....im taking the kids camping and im not coming back until his visitation is over. Maybe it's the wrong choice but I see no other option until this is sorted out.

Im just in the worse sorts. This is bringing up memories that I had long pushed away....
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:03 AM
Do you have a lawyer?
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Can you file for emergency protection?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:06 AM

um...im not sure i believe this. 

I feel horrible for this girl if it is true. 

But an ER doc does not need a 4 year old to say anything in order for it to be conclusive. End of story. If there is sign of molestation, and she says it was grandpa, thats the end of it. 

She doesnt need to say ANYTHing else. 

Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM
This is true. This would be an automatic referral to CPS.

Quoting Anonymous:

But an ER doc does not need a 4 year old to say anything in order for it to be conclusive. End of story. If there is sign of molestation, and she says it was grandpa, thats the end of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Yeah. Like i said, i would HATE for this to be true, and If it is my heart DOES indeed go out to OP and her neice. 

But this just doesnt seem true. Unless OP got information mixed up maybe. 

Quoting Medic32: This is true. This would be an automatic referral to CPS.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Typed out a long reply... for some reason my phone didn't let it post.

Short reply... I would do what you are going to do. *camping*

Someone needs to protect that little girl.

Her dad is a fucking moron.

Get a lawyer and fight for custody.

Contact CPS/DCFS and report this NOW.

I would also call the police.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:16 AM
Bump

I'm so sorry :(
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:22 AM

When my DD was 3 she was bleeding a very small amount from her vagina area.  Looked like a small scratch.  I took her to the ER.  Before I knew it I had Social Services and police outside the ER door.  They questioned the doctors, me and DD.  Come to find out because I was a single mother and had to do EVERYTHING with her in my eye sight (very very rumbustious child) she had went into the bathroom and tried to put a tampon in, hid it in the bathroom cabinet. 

They did not feel I was neglectful or abusive, however they still did 3 home visits after that!

Quoting Anonymous:

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Quoting Medic32: This is true. This would be an automatic referral to CPS.
Quoting Anonymous:

Unless that is something new, it is not automatically turned over to CPS. My ex husband went on trial for it and CPS was never involved.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Why would you take your daughter to the er for a scratch??

Quoting momofthree0429:

When my DD was 3 she was bleeding a very small amount from her vagina area.  Looked like a small scratch.  I took her to the ER.  Before I knew it I had Social Services and police outside the ER door.  They questioned the doctors, me and DD.  Come to find out because I was a single mother and had to do EVERYTHING with her in my eye sight (very very rumbustious child) she had went into the bathroom and tried to put a tampon in, hid it in the bathroom cabinet. 

They did not feel I was neglectful or abusive, however they still did 3 home visits after that!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)