Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son deserves a compliment too!!! Why leave him out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Thought this was CM worthy

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I and our toddler son were recently out to dinner. A woman walked past our table to the family next to us and gushed about how "beautiful" the couple's daughter was. Their child was the same age as our son, who is just as well-behaved.
I found it hurtful that a stranger would compliment one child and ignore the family seated at the next table. My husband disagrees. Am I wrong to be offended? Do you think this was rude? -- FURIOUS IN FLORIDA

DEAR FURIOUS: I agree with your husband. I doubt the woman deliberately meant to slight your son. All her attention was simply focused on the little girl.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccarae
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I would roll my eyes at a woman like that, I'm sure abby did too.

Larae1990
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

OMG
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM
The woman shouldve walked around the 1 mile radius just in case toddlers feel left out.

Quoting rebeccarae:

I would roll my eyes at a woman like that, I'm sure abby did too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:05 AM
I have two boys. My nieces are definitely favored. I honestly think its because they are girls and easier to "oooh and ahhh" over.

It is what it is. :\
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Please tell me you don't expect any of us to respond in a positive way to this woman and her delirium? Lord am I hoping she was a tourist and not native. For real. eye rolling

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe your kid isn't that cute? You might think so, but it doesn't mean everyone does. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Florida is never seen in a positive way unless its about Disney. Shes not helping

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Please tell me you don't expect any of us to respond in a positive way to this woman and her delirium? Lord am I hoping she was a tourist and not native. For real. eye rolling

DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Nope, she is not! Lol 

Quoting Anonymous: Florida is never seen in a positive way unless its about Disney. Shes not helping
Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:14 AM
You guys will never live down Latreasa Goodman.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Nope, she is not! Lol 

Quoting Anonymous: Florida is never seen in a positive way unless its about Disney. Shes not helping

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:19 AM

OMG. I had ALMOST forgotten about that nut! Thanks a lot! Lol 

want a nugget??

Quoting Anonymous: You guys will never live down Latreasa Goodman.
Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Nope, she is not! Lol 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN