Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This crazy B**** Plagiarized and now I might be penalized for it. ***PICS**** UPDATE WITH INSTRUCTORS REPLY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

So I've been taking online classes for health administration. Just to help further my career in nursing. So we have team assignments every week and everyone on the team has to do part of the assignment and at the end we put it all together. Well last week we had a paper due. So much effing confusion from this lady (Lisa) and everyone was getting mad at her because she was just being ridiculous. Anywho, we finally get through the confusion and turn in our paper on time.

The instructor posts an announcement that there have been papers with over 20% plagiarism and that it could affect our grade and we could also be removed from the class. I'm thinking, "I seriously hope this isn't our team." Well I took our paper, just to make sure, and submitted it through the plagiarism checker. It came back at 18% plagiarized which is allot. I looked through it and the whole part that Lisa had done was plagiarized. Like she copied and pasted the whole damn thing from a website. I am so pissed.

Lisa has already posted her part of the assignment for this week and it came back as 91% plagiarized. I sent all the proof to the instructor. IDK what I want her to do, but I'm hoping this doesn't screw with my grade.

I've posted the proof below. Please tell me what yall think. Do you think I did the right thing about going tothe teacher?

UPDATE*** The instructor messaged me back and said that our team will not be getting zeros. Told me not to say anything until she posts the feedback for the papers. She is most likely going to give Lisa a Zero since she told me not to say anything yet. I am just so happy we're not being punished for Lisa's cheating. I will update after the insructor posts the feedback. I'm sure Lisa will flip her shit.

Also Lisa hasn't logged in or posted anything all day so I'm sure she knows she's in deep shit.

This is proof on who posted the plagiarized part of the assignment.

This is the what showed up on the plagiarism checker, which is exactly what Lisa posted.

This is her part she posted for this week. Again, she just copied and pasted. 91%, is this chick freaking serious?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You definitely did the right thing in telling the teacher. My colleague is in an NP program at SUNY IT in NY and they had a huge problem with students cheating. She came in one day and said that 20 of her classmates were dismissed from the program following a cheating investigation. Its a huge issues, especially with online courses. You don't want to be punished for her plagiarism.
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You did the right thing.
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Can't you get this chick out of your group? Can you request to work alone?

Does this woman not realize you can quote a sources as long as you give proper citations? Yikes.
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

You did the correct thing.  However I hope the teacher doesn't say that it was your responsibility to go over the work before submitting and checking the facts.  I have a friend who is a professor and he does that, he will penalize both no matter what.  (It was a drunken conversation one evening)  

I hope you do not get in trouble.  Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:59 AM

That is so crazy. It is so easy no a days to find out if students are cheating. I would never risk it.

Quoting Anonymous: You definitely did the right thing in telling the teacher. My colleague is in an NP program at SUNY IT in NY and they had a huge problem with students cheating. She came in one day and said that 20 of her classmates were dismissed from the program following a cheating investigation. Its a huge issues, especially with online courses. You don't want to be punished for her plagiarism.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Oh believe me, I want her freaking gone. I think that she will be kicked out of this class since I posted all the proof. But who knows. I wish I could work alone, but you can't here. :(

Quoting Snakecharm: Can't you get this chick out of your group? Can you request to work alone? Does this woman not realize you can quote a sources as long as you give proper citations? Yikes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:02 AM

This is what I am afraid of also. That's why I'm kinda freaking out about it. I feel like if we all get into trouble, I want her (Lisa) to pay for my class because that is ridiculous. I doubt she'd do it though.

Quoting momofthree0429:

You did the correct thing.  However I hope the teacher doesn't say that it was your responsibility to go over the work before submitting and checking the facts.  I have a friend who is a professor and he does that, he will penalize both no matter what.  (It was a drunken conversation one evening)  

I hope you do not get in trouble.  Good Luck

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Yikes I'm sorry that sucks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:05 AM
She just needs to site her source?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Thank you. I just don't want the instructor to feel like I'm throwing Lisa under the bus or something. But this is my grade that's at stake.

Quoting MichelleJ1000: You did the right thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)