Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister had an abortion and my mom is devastated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 203 Replies
My sister and her husband are childless. They choose not to have kids for selfish reasons IMO, but whatever. My hubs and I have fertility issues and only have our daughter

My moms friend saw my sister go in and out of an abortion clinic and told my mom. My mom asked her and she admitted t. My mom is devastated and tbh so am I

My sister and her husband make good money, live in a nice condo , etc, they just don't want to give up their lifestyle for a baby.

But it's hard for me to struggle with fertility and see her do that. Her and my mom aren't speaking. My mom got angry at her and my sister just said "this is none of your business. If you want to apologize for how you're speaking, call back. If not, don't" and hung up.

Idk what to do. I haven't talked to my sister in. Days cause I just wanna cry
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM
41 moms liked this
Her fertility has nothing to do with yours. And her decision whether or not to have children is none of yours or your mother's business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Just like your sister said it isn't either if your business. Your fertility issues aren't her problem. She doesn't want kids that is her. Her decision.
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM
9 moms liked this

You are viewing it wrong.  She is not being selfish.  She is being responsible.  At least she isn't having a child and then trying to continue to live her lifestyle.  Just because they have the means to have a child, doesn't mean they should.  My DD wants her tubes tied at 21.  She said "I'm not sharing my money and time with no baby".  And she means it.  

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm doing the none of your business dance... it's fabulous.

You and your mom need to realize it has nothing to do with you and butt yourselves out.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this
It would be horrible for her to have children she doesn't want! How is she selfish for recognizing that she doesn't want a child?

But her fertility and her decision have nothing to do with you or your mother and she was right to tell your mother so.
Clara78
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM
It's not your business. This is her decision. And she doesn't want kids.
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
MYOB and tell your Mom to MHOB
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It's selfish you have a baby that you don't want.
stormborn
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM
4 moms liked this

You're messed up, your mom is messed up, your mom's friend is super messed up. You need to let your sister live her life.

Clara78
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
You seriously have gone over a line and so has your mother. You should apologize. So should your mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)