Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the worst thing your Mother did to you as a child? (Warning, possibly distressing post)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM
  • 395 Replies
4 moms liked this

What do you think was the worst thing your Mother did to you as a child?

And did you forgive her?

Does it still affect your relationship today?

As for me: My Mum would berate my father in front of me. Tell me how worthless and sinful he was. I won't repeat the worst names she called him, or the embarrassing things she did to him in public. Thankfully they divorced when I was 7, and my father "came out of the closet". I stayed with him afterwards, because my mum refused to claim a child who came from a neshy tosspot homo.

Thankfully, I never saw her again, though she tried to make contact years later, when she learned I'd married above my so called station, requesting financial assistance. I ignored her then, and have no idea now if she's alive, or deceased, nor do I care.

My fathers adored me, and I had a marvelous childhood. They are both dearly missed.

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM
4 moms liked this

I had a pretty awesome mother. I can't actually think of anything that is even remotely bad. I can barely think of things she did that I won't do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM
As a child : she expected me to be perfect. She constantly reminded me that she knew tons of people around town, and they would report any 'wrong doings' back to her. I seriously believed I was under constant surveillance.

As a young adult : she told me I was 'sending my soul to eternal damnation' because I moved in with my fiance. She said some pretty horrible things to me that night.
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Lets put it this way, I try to cut my mother some slack on her parenting because she didn't want kids, neither did my father, but for the time (my late brother was born in '66, I was born in '70), for their religious beliefs, they did because it was what they were expected to do.

My mother didn't have a maternal bone in her body, but I do acknowledge that I was very lucky to have some lovely nannies throughout my childhood.

It's why I become disgusted by people who state that people don't want kids for 'selfish reasons', good. Don'rt have kids unless you actually want them. There's nothing quite like knowing you were never wanted and feeling like your own mother doesn't love you.

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Broke a wooden spoon on my arse. I was 13 or 14. I got over it when the sting finally wore off. Looking back I'm lucky she didn't ship me off to boot camp. I was an asshole of a teenager. We have a great relationship now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Too many to count.

At my 13th birthday party in front of my friends she told me she should have aborted me.

She's a completely different person now and we get along great. She needed to find some inner peace and thankfully she has found it.
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing, my Mom is awesome.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

She didn't get checkups when she should have and she died.

Yes it's affected our relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM
She pulled a gun on me when I was 12.

I am almost 40, we talk now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Told me "I was an accident that was never meant to happen." My brother and sister are are 7 and 9 years older than me. Needless to say, it is a strained relationship. Horribly enough, I only live 20 minutes away while my sister and her family are in Oklahoma and my brother and his family are in Alabama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Did they die of AIDS?

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

What do you think was the worst thing your Mother did to you as a child?

And did you forgive her?

Does it still affect your relationship today?

As for me: My Mum would berate my father in front of me. Tell me how worthless and sinful he was. I won't repeat the worst names she called him, or the embarrassing things she did to him in public. Thankfully they divorced when I was 7, and my father "came out of the closet". I stayed with him afterwards, because my mum refused to claim a child who came from a neshy tosspot homo.

Thankfully, I never saw her again, though she tried to make contact years later, when she learned I'd married above my so called station, requesting financial assistance. I ignored her then, and have no idea now if she's alive, or deceased, nor do I care.

My fathers adored me, and I had a marvelous childhood. They are both dearly missed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN