Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My six yr old...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
Poops his pants 95% of the time. Even with prompting to remember to go. First grade is going to be hell
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Make him wear pull ups?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quoting squeekers: Make him wear pull ups?

I'm pretty sure the school won't let him
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Why? Is he special needs?
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
If they look like underwear, i don't see any reason they would know.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting squeekers: Make him wear pull ups?

I'm pretty sure the school won't let him
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Quoting hautemama83: Why? Is he special needs?

He has high functioning autism and possibly ADHD but he is "normal" enough to not need any services in school
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Maybe they should reevaluate that.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has high functioning autism and possibly ADHD but he is "normal" enough to not need any services in school
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Quoting hautemama83: Maybe they should reevaluate that.

Quoting Anonymous:

They told me he has no academic issues and no behavior issues(at school) so no services
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I can only go off what my sons school did. But messing in their pants was considered a behavioral issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

They told me he has no academic issues and no behavior issues(at school) so no services
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quoting hautemama83: I can only go off what my sons school did. But messing in their pants was considered a behavioral issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

In kindergarten he pooped his pants in the last 40 minutes of school and no one ever noticed. So they insisted he was fine. I'm crossing my fingers Ds will just not poop at school at all but considering he is having multiple accidents a day I doubt it. I told the teacher today at open house that there will be a change of clothes in his back pack and she didn't seem very understanding. Just kinda like "ugh, just lovely"
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Yeah I think as they get older teachers get less understanding, unfortunately. But maybe if he does have accidents in school, it'll get them to do something that's helpful. I would suggest making him try to go before school though. Just for your own sanity.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting hautemama83: I can only go off what my sons school did. But messing in their pants was considered a behavioral issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

In kindergarten he pooped his pants in the last 40 minutes of school and no one ever noticed. So they insisted he was fine. I'm crossing my fingers Ds will just not poop at school at all but considering he is having multiple accidents a day I doubt it. I told the teacher today at open house that there will be a change of clothes in his back pack and she didn't seem very understanding. Just kinda like "ugh, just lovely"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)