Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My adopted child tried to contact me today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 391 Replies

She left me a voice mail explaining who she is, if I can call her back, so we can talk and possibly meet.

She is the product of a violent rape when i was 17. I had a c-sec so I didn't have to look or hear her when she was born. Hell, I didn't even learn the sex of the baby for years, just signed whatever paper work my mother gave to me. It was all very traumatic for me, and still is. Since then my life has changed dramatically; I have a great husband, a beautiful home, fantastic kids. My life from 23 years ago doesn't even feel like it was my life, my past. I would prefer just to leave it buried where it belongs. My husband knows about her, but my kids do not.

Would i be a horrible person not to call her back, and to have her number blocked from my phone?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM
53 moms liked this
SHE didn't rape you. It wasn't her fault. Why take it out on her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump for more of the story
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM
6 moms liked this
It would be nice if you could at least acknowledge her call & let her know that you don't want a relationship. I'm sorry you went through that.
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM
20 moms liked this
I can understand you not wanting to drag up old pain, but keep in mind this child is innocent in the situation. She had nothing to do with how she came to be, and is a victim of a bad circumstance, much like you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ray-of-Beezy
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM
7 moms liked this
If you can't handle it then I'd say you'd be doing more harm by meeting up with her. I'd give it some time to think it over before you completely blow her off, but that's just me...someone who's never been in that position before.
Nolie.
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM
I wouldn't say you are a horrible person but I would at least talk to her once then decide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
This

Quoting bluebunnybabe: It would be nice if you could at least acknowledge her call & let her know that you don't want a relationship. I'm sorry you went through that.
bbrown0603
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM
11 moms liked this
Jmo..you need to tell her you can't have a relationship so the poor kid can have closure...
d_k_w
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM
11 moms liked this
I would at last call her back and tell her just what you told us. She probably just wants to know why. If you want that to be the end then that's fine.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Call her back, or write her a letter. She may just want to reach out to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN