Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worst news ever number 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies
It's not really the worst news ever but I told my SO and we calmly talked about it.

He suggested, not demanded, that we possibly get an abortion due to our living situation and how it is already stressful with the 2 we have already.

I told him I was unsure and scared because abortion is a scary thought and how most women regret, I know I would and I would become extremely depressed and he said it's just a thought. So we will talk more about this later. An abortion just seems so scary, I don't think I could do that.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM
5 moms liked this
Then you have two other choices. Adoption or keeping the baby. I wouldn't be able to abort one of my children either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Putting a child up for adoption is irresponsible since there are so many kids in the system now.

Quoting 3_girls_86: Then you have two other choices. Adoption or keeping the baby. I wouldn't be able to abort one of my children either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why all these men suggest abortions. It's like they expect us to go through all that because they couldn't keep their dick in their pants. They don't fucking realize how traumatizing an abortion can be. Either that or they just don't fucking care. Sorry just had to say that. IMO an abortion is nearly never the right answer. If you're an adult you can handle it and will figure it out as far as raising a baby goes.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. Then your only choice is to keep the baby. If you won't put the baby up for adoption and you don't feel right getting an abortion then it should be easy for you to decide what to do.

Quoting Anonymous: Putting a child up for adoption is irresponsible since there are so many kids in the system now.

Quoting 3_girls_86: Then you have two other choices. Adoption or keeping the baby. I wouldn't be able to abort one of my children either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Well at least he didn't demand an abortion or say we are through like how it happens on here. He will support me either way. We are in line for an apartment and if we got that soon, things would be better but we don't know if we will be getting one in the next 6 months. I just barely found out yesterday since I missed my p 2 days ago

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand why all these men suggest abortions. It's like they expect us to go through all that because they couldn't keep their dick in their pants. They don't fucking realize how traumatizing an abortion can be. Either that or they just don't fucking care. Sorry just had to say that. IMO an abortion is nearly never the right answer. If you're an adult you can handle it and will figure it out as far as raising a baby goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I'm ultimately more scared than anything else.

Quoting 3_girls_86: Ok. Then your only choice is to keep the baby. If you won't put the baby up for adoption and you don't feel right getting an abortion then it should be easy for you to decide what to do.

Quoting Anonymous: Putting a child up for adoption is irresponsible since there are so many kids in the system now.

PacMan80
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

There are a lot of kids in the system, true, but giving a baby up for adoption isn't irresponsible at all.  My DD is adopted.  Her BM couldn't afford her.  Already had 2 kids, on welfare, medicaid, etc.  She wanted to finish school and give all of her kids a better life and get off the assistance.  So she was actually very responsible in making the best decision for her family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Well I'm not on state aid or anything, we both have jobs and it's starting to get better, we are hoping to get an apartment within the next 6 months

Quoting PacMan80:

There are a lot of kids in the system, true, but giving a baby up for adoption isn't irresponsible at all.  My DD is adopted.  Her BM couldn't afford her.  Already had 2 kids, on welfare, medicaid, etc.  She wanted to finish school and give all of her kids a better life and get off the assistance.  So she was actually very responsible in making the best decision for her family.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I would be too. But you have nine months to get ready for the baby. A lot can change in that time.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm ultimately more scared than anything else.

Quoting 3_girls_86: Ok. Then your only choice is to keep the baby. If you won't put the baby up for adoption and you don't feel right getting an abortion then it should be easy for you to decide what to do.

PacMan80
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:09 PM

That's good.  Hopefully things will pick up for you and you'll get it all worked out.  

Quoting Anonymous: Well I'm not on state aid or anything, we both have jobs and it's starting to get better, we are hoping to get an apartment within the next 6 months
Quoting PacMan80:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)