Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong for not letting my daughters go their half-sister's bday party?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 214 Replies
My kids dad wants to take them to his oldest daughter's bday at a public place. He always does joint parties with his daughter's other mother even though she is married. I don't like her and don't want my kids around her or her family. I think it's unnecessary. If my bd had a separate party for his oldest they could go. But I don't want them going to a joint party with the bm. Oh, and bd and I are not together. We have no court ordered visitation. I have no problem with him coming to get them any other time but that weekend I plan to have them stay home. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I think they should go but I don't know why you dislike this woman so do whatever.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM

yes

Unless the ex is like an active drug user or something.

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
9 moms liked this

I don't see the problem..just becasue you don't like BM doesn't mean your daughters can't go to a party where she will be present. Let them go and have fun with their sister and father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Depends on how old your kids are and if they want to go.. do they want to go? I see no issue with it but again i dont know why do you dont like this person....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM
24 moms liked this
Putting your pettiness ahead of your kids connection with their family is a dick move.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Quoting Amy_M:

I don't see the problem..just becasue you don't like BM doesn't mean your daughters can't go to a party where she will be present. Let them go and have fun with their sister and father.

lovetoteachec
by Dani on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I'd let my little girl go unless there's a real good reason.
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM
5 moms liked this

I think they should be able to go to their sisters birthday party. Just because you "dont like" someone you shouldnt keep your children away from their sibling

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

unless she is gonna be mean to YOUR KID.. then let them go..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM
They see her every time they go to their dads. A bday party won't affect a connection.

Quoting Anonymous: Putting your pettiness ahead of your kids connection with their family is a dick move.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN