Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dads walking away

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 459 Replies
15 moms liked this
I'm curious about everyone's opinion on this-
Most women are very quick to call a man who doesn't want anything to do with a child a deadbeat dad, and in some cases (I.e. abandoning the child/family when the child is older) I can agree. However, if a man does not want a child and has stuck by that from the first time he know it exists, isn't it only fair he should have the option to walk away? A woman can choose abortion if she does not want a child. Shouldn't a man have a way to opt out as well?
I know a guy that has paid child support for many years even though he has absolutely no rights to the child and I just don't see how it's fair... I don't know the laws well as I've never dealt with the situation, but from what I've seen, it just isn't as simple as signing over rights. Somehow the men still end up partially financially responsible for a child they do not want. I just don't see it as fair.
I may be the only one. I'm just curious for other opinions.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM
13 moms liked this
Eh. I suppose its to help iliminate more unwanted babies by men? Like they should have used a condom? Or just not poke their pecker anywhere?!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Women can also abandon their children to adoption and never be held responsible.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM
34 moms liked this

I support a man's right to walk away during a woman's early pregnancy, just as I support a woman's right to electively abort in early pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM
22 moms liked this
I don't think a woman should be able to abort or opt for an adoption without the dads permission.
renijazzysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this
I think men should be able to walk about just like a woman can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM
16 moms liked this

No if a man feels that strongly about not having kids he should not stick his dick into pussy.

228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM
43 moms liked this
And if a woman feels so strongly about not having kids she shouldn't spread her legs.

Quoting Anonymous:

No if a man feels that strongly about not having kids he should not stick his dick into pussy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM
10 moms liked this
People have sex for reasons other than reproduction. I think this is a silly thing to say. If I had decided I never wanted children, I wouldn't become celibate for the rest of my life. Condoms do break. Women lie about birth control (blah blah he should use a condom anyway- yeah, he should, but stuff happens). He could have taken every precaution short of being sterilized and one of those little swimmers could still break through. I don't think that should tie him down to a child he doesn't want for the rest of his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:33 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree about adoption in most cases as well, but an abortion is different in my eyes. It's not yet a child at that point. It's a parasite living off of the woman's body. I don't think anyone except that woman should have a say over whether or not she wants to play host to that.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think a woman should be able to abort or opt for an adoption without the dads permission.
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Blow Jobs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)