Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this totally gross or do other women do this too? Updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 159 Replies

Im getting ready for a dinner party and am on my period.  Most of the people we know have powder rooms or designated guest bathrooms (used mainly for company not attached to a bedroom nor do the kids use it).  So I always bring two ziplock bags and keep my dirty tampons sealed in them to dispose of when I get home, instead of putting them in the hostesses bathroom wastebasket.

it is gross to keep it in ziplock til I get  home (double mind you for smell) or would it be grosser to wrap it up and dispose of it in the waste basket at a dinner party????

Update.....Well I see that Im probably one of the only people who do this.  I have read your comments and taken it under advisement but have decided to continue.  I do want to assure you that I do not keep it in my purse with out being in two zip lock bags, additionally it gets tossed the minuted I get home.  

Perhaps I bleed more than some but to wrap it and put it in the trash in the guest bath at someone else's home still bothers me

1) it is usually the only thing in the wastebasket.  I cant remember visiting someone's home when they didnt clean ahead of time and have an empty wastebasket in their powder room.

2) no matter how much you wrap it some blood does seem to seep through (unless you are wrapping it in 2 inches of tp) In which case Im going to go through a TON fo their tp in one evening.

3) I go through a couple tampons a night.  Last night we got to our friends at 5pm and left at 1am.... I changed twice and could have done a 3rd but was able to hold off until we got home.

So I will continue.... but I will NEVER speak of it (irl) since so many women find it gross.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loquacious
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Um, I would wrap it up and throw it in the trash. No way is that going in my purse.
hateaway
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:45 PM
4 moms liked this
That's gross. Dispose that shit. Its not a secret that women bleed out of the vag
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I wear tampons and flush them, so I've honestly not dealt with that issue.

the_dude
by abides on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

when i used tampons i used to flush them... i know better and have a diva cup now. 

the dude abumps

.lovemybebes.
by :) on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM
5 moms liked this
Not something I would do. I would just wrap my tampon with some toilet paper.

ETA: I wrap the applicator with toilet paper. The actual tampon gets flushed down the toilet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I do that as well. I just can't fathom leaving used hygiene products in someone else's home.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM

flush it

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM
5 moms liked this

I've never hauled the used ones around in Ziploc baggies, but then again, I don't know anyone fancy enough that they have guest bathrooms in their houses.

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I use a cup. This is one perk to menstrual cups.
loquacious
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this
They've been known to clog toilets.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wear tampons and flush them, so I've honestly not dealt with that issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN