Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SIL wants to keep my baby over night!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
He's a month old tomorrow. He hasn't even gotten his shots yet, I don't know her roommates and she can't even afford to buy her own son diapers and wipes. She's always asking my husband and I for money. Why would she think we'd trust her alone with our son. I'm not leaving my child with strangers either. She's not a stranger, but her roommates are. I'm not comfortable with it and as his mother and father, we know whats best for our child. Not to mention, I'm not ready to be away from him for more than an hour let alone a whole night. Being a parent herself, she should understand that. Do you think we're wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeaganP
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I am with you
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I'd tell her to just come visit you. Are you needing an overnight sit or something? Why is she even asking?

Mom took my DD overnight at 4 months because we were moving into our new home. It was easier not to have a baby with us.

gunnbugsmama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this
You're not in the wrong. Dont let baby stay some where until your comfortable doing so. I would never let my baby go with someone who has roommates that i dont know. Stick to your guns! If she gets mad oh well she'll get over it!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, I would not let my 1 month old stay anywhere overnight yet.
ArmyWife112908
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My Ds didn't have his first overnight until he was six monthsand that was at my mom's....no way would I let My DS go what you described.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:02 PM
No, she just messaged me saying "bring my nephew to me I want to keep him tonight" she's never even met him yet either. I have no issue with her coming over and meeting him and spending the day with us.

Quoting KairisMama:

I'd tell her to just come visit you. Are you needing an overnight sit or something? Why is she even asking?

Mom took my DD overnight at 4 months because we were moving into our new home. It was easier not to have a baby with us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Oh there's no way she's getting him! I just wanted opinions! She's just ridiculous.

Quoting gunnbugsmama: You're not in the wrong. Dont let baby stay some where until your comfortable doing so. I would never let my baby go with someone who has roommates that i dont know. Stick to your guns! If she gets mad oh well she'll get over it!
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I never left a one month old for more than an hour or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I can't! I try letting my husband keep him out in just the living room so I can nap and I can't do it. 30 minutes of laying down worrying about what could go wrong and I'm back out there with them!

Quoting polkaspots: I never left a one month old for more than an hour or so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this
My children are 5 and 6 years old and have never spent the night with anyone. Not even my parents who live next door.

So a 1 month old, I can see why you say no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)