Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when people sit on my steps *ETA*

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 34 Replies
Especially these pain in the ass teenagers. Over the past few years, teens have attacked someone while sitting on the steps, prompting the parent and a small mob to ring my bell. Another one slept on my porch for three nights, one stole a chair off it.
So whenever I see someone sitting, I tell them to leave in a rude way, once a parent came and I told her to keep her spawn on her property. Tonight, some teen, a guy friend and a small baby were sitting, I said to her, "Do you have a home to go to?" She looked at me with such disgust and said, "You lucky I have something to do." Scooped her baby off my step and left. If you cannot talk to your guy friend at home, don't do it here.

ETA
There are no teens living in the duplex, all the kids who live here are under 10, the rest are adults 21+
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM

can you buy one of those hook things and hand screw it into the railing.  then put a little chain from one side to the other?   so its like blocked off.  you could even hang a no tresspassing sign.   i wouldnt handle that well.  does your front door open to the steps, if so i would tell each and every person who sat there and i saw, "hi, do i know you? i dont ...ok.   why are you on my steps,  this is my house.   not a park bench. the park is ____ direction."   if they didnt get the hint i would then tell them to go away.  

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Turn a sprinkler on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM
That would drive me nutty! I hate people in my bubble. Currently my whole front yard is fenced in and I love it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Set up a remote controlled sprinkler system.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Put mothballs or something with a weird smell under the steps. 

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:17 PM
My friend has that same issue. He keeps a hose coiled up on his kitchen counter and shoots them out his window. He lives on the second floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:22 PM
I wouldn't want people on my steps. How annoying
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Why do people find that acceptable?! 😒
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this

You must live in a city, this has literally never happened to me or anyone I know ever. 

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Wtf? I'd be pissed if people helped themselves to my porch step.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)