Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter won't join us on vacation. So sad and annoyed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
My daughter is 18 and lives with her dad. I had a son and daughter with her stepdad and they are 6 and 4. It's always been a bit of an issue of resentment for her since she was an only child before then and her and her stepdad don't get along.

My DH and I inherited a camper from his dad. We're planning to drive and camp out near a small amusement park. We have never been on vacation with the kids. I invited her and she said no thanks. I was a bit upset and asked why. She said she didn't want to. I pushed her a bit since I want her to spend time with her sibs. She said "because I don't want to spend a week with your dick of a husband, at a kid's amusement park catering to your kids?" We had a fight after that and now she's not speaking to me.

Gahhhhhh this is so hard and I hate it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catcameback
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame her, it doesn't sound like it'd be much fun for her.  She's 18, why try to push her into doing it in the first place?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

you shouldn't have "pushed her a bit" if you didn't want to hear what she had to say. 

and really, what kind of a dick move is it to marry someone your child doesn't get along with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM
So you got mad because you prodded and she told you the truth?

Don't force her. That will make things 100× worse.

Why doesn't she get along with your husband?
Bethsunshine
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This. You should have just left her alone when she said she didn't want to go.

Quoting catcameback:

I don't blame her, it doesn't sound like it'd be much fun for her.  She's 18, why try to push her into doing it in the first place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I pushed a bit because I was disappointed she said no without even taking the time to think about it. And they got along when we married, they clashed during her teen years.

Quoting ff-princess:

you shouldn't have "pushed her a bit" if you didn't want to hear what she had to say. 

and really, what kind of a dick move is it to marry someone your child doesn't get along with?

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
She sounds like a brat. 18 or not she could have been more respectful to you and her siblings. Honestly she sounds spoiled.
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:24 PM
5 moms liked this

Not this crap again.

JENNlEPEPSl
by Homeless Resource on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Well...it sounds like she doesnt want to. Why is there anything wrong with that? 

And if your husband is a dick to her, then thats sad you allowed it for long enough that she holds such resentment towards him now. 

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Yup.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

This. You should have just left her alone when she said she didn't want to go.

Quoting catcameback:

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:26 PM
3 moms liked this
I think her comments were just as rude as your not taking a polite refusal from an adult.

I suggest you apologize for not respecting her decisions. Make some time in your life for just her. Go to a movie, lunch, take her out to visit colleges, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN