Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, it's a fake article BUT *cop kills nursing baby spinoff*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Why do you think it was written? Some have said it may discourage people from nursing in public, I feel the opposite. I think it was meant to spark outrage for nursing mothers. Kind of like it was written to further the breastfeeding movement. Your thoughts? I'm dying for an actual intelligent debate.
http://nationalreport.net/nyc-police-officer-kills-baby-breastfeeding-argument/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's an article in poor, disgusting taste. It does not make me want to jump on the " fight for BF" bandwagon. ::shrugs::
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I agree it's in bad taste.

Quoting Anonymous: I think it's an article in poor, disgusting taste. It does not make me want to jump on the " fight for BF" bandwagon. ::shrugs::
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Oh good! I'm glad it's fake. I read it this morning and it made me sad. I usually notice fake articles, but I just read it really fast.

To answer your question, I don't know.
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this

For whatever reason it was written,it makes me sick that they throw police officers under the bus.Really?What's the purpose in THAT?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I feel like it was meant to push the idea that breastfeeding mothers are oppressed by the government.

Quoting MrsApple:

For whatever reason it was written,it makes me sick that they throw police officers under the bus.Really?What's the purpose in THAT?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM
How do you know it's fake?
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Either way,they went about it the wrong way.How many people will read this thinking it's a true story?There's enough anger towards police these days and this would just add fuel to the fire.

And yes,I'm a police wife and stupid stuff like that just makes me angry.

Quoting Anonymous: I feel like it was meant to push the idea that breastfeeding mothers are oppressed by the government.
Quoting MrsApple:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM
It's a satire written by a satirical site.

Quoting Anonymous: How do you know it's fake?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely agree with you, please thank your husband for his service. I have the utmost respect for the police and I've NEVER had a bad experience with them. When you're a respectful, law abiding citizen, you rarely do.

Quoting MrsApple:

Either way,they went about it the wrong way.How many people will read this thinking it's a true story?There's enough anger towards police these days and this would just add fuel to the fire.

And yes,I'm a police wife and stupid stuff like that just makes me angry.

Quoting Anonymous: I feel like it was meant to push the idea that breastfeeding mothers are oppressed by the government.

Quoting MrsApple:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM
B
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)