• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you are the reason why parents aren't allowed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Dd had soccer pictures this morning. It was totally disorganized as usual. They did the pictures in the gym and instead of telling the parents not to put clears on the kids it was a madhouse of hundreds of kids taking their cleats off to walk in the gym for pictures then trying to get them all back on. Dds team is 4 and 5 year olds so the coach had to do most of them.
In the midst of all of this a parent of a kid on dds team is yelling at anybody who will listen that she needs to be able to go in and nobody can stop her. She says she needs to make sure her kids hair is perfect and is smiling properly. I mean just on and on at the coach, the people at the door, the other parents, you name it. She was trying to get all of the parents to agree with her and demand they let us in!
Im just standing there thinking you lady are the reason why this rule exists!
Crazy lady
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeilaBeansMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:12 AM
There's one in every group! Same rules for my daughter's dance pictures and there's always that one mom who insists they have to go in. They don't understand the kids do so much better when mom isn't hovering over them!
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Although I think she is crazy.  I have never heard of parents not allowed in for team pictures.  I have always gone with all my kids for any sports team they have ever been on. 

SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Strange they don't let you in...

DD took a soccer pic and I was that mom who was like "you're kneeling weird" "fix your hair" "did you brush your teeth?" And I was sure that the pic would be a disaster lol months later they hand it out and I had 4 moms and a dad rush to me and just point at her with wide eyes. She literally looked like a model! The sun was shining on her and the wind was blowing her hair perfectly. But of course I'd have cherished it anyway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:18 AM
They had too many issues with parents trying to control the pictures. They couldn't get through the kids because the parents were trying to do their job. They do it for tee ball too.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Although I think she is crazy.  I have never heard of parents not allowed in for team pictures.  I have always gone with all my kids for any sports team they have ever been on. 

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Ah than I understand in that case then.

Quoting Anonymous: They had too many issues with parents trying to control the pictures. They couldn't get through the kids because the parents were trying to do their job. They do it for tee ball too.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM
So you're the type that made them start this rule.

Quoting SadiasMomma: Strange they don't let you in...

DD took a soccer pic and I was that mom who was like "you're kneeling weird" "fix your hair" "did you brush your teeth?" And I was sure that the pic would be a disaster lol months later they hand it out and I had 4 moms and a dad rush to me and just point at her with wide eyes. She literally looked like a model! The sun was shining on her and the wind was blowing her hair perfectly. But of course I'd have cherished it anyway!
SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:24 AM
No way! I whispered it! I stayed in one spot, 10 feet away and made gestures and spoke softly... but it was outdoors so they couldn't keep us away. And it took them 4 seconds to line them up and take the shot so no one complained. But not for nothing, I paid for the picture! I wanted to make sure she did her part to make it a nice group shot.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're the type that made them start this rule.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:26 AM
They do tee ball pictures outside. No parents are allowed on the field.

Quoting SadiasMomma: No way! I whispered it! I stayed in one spot, 10 feet away and made gestures and spoke softly... but it was outdoors so they couldn't keep us away. And it took them 4 seconds to line them up and take the shot so no one complained. But not for nothing, I paid for the picture! I wanted to make sure she did her part to make it a nice group shot.

SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:29 AM
It sounds like your leagues are a bit more organized than ours... they literally had them take one picture during a water break. They didn't do individual pictures at all. They gave us an opportunity to fix them up a bit. I'd never jump in front of a photographer or anything crazy like that!

Quoting Anonymous: They do tee ball pictures outside. No parents are allowed on the field.

Quoting SadiasMomma: No way! I whispered it! I stayed in one spot, 10 feet away and made gestures and spoke softly... but it was outdoors so they couldn't keep us away. And it took them 4 seconds to line them up and take the shot so no one complained. But not for nothing, I paid for the picture! I wanted to make sure she did her part to make it a nice group shot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:36 AM
As a photographer that does team pictures. I make it a rule too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)