Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*short people problems*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
I'm pretty short, I have a small folding step stool that we keep handy for when I need to get to something I can't reach. I just went to use it and couldn't find it. Now normally I keep it in the bottom of 1 of 2 closets (coat closet or towel closet) or between the fridge and cabinet, where ever is closest to where I'm using it. Its only one step and pretty small once folded. I didn't see it in the those 3 places so started checking other closets and spots it may have accidently been moved to.
Finally decided to check the normal places... I open the coat closet and look up (we have 2 shelves in there) and there is it... Problem is, I need a step stool to reach the dang step stool Lol. I guess dh used it and put it away and that's where he decided to put it. Of course he's asleep so I'm going to have to try to squeeze a chair through into there to get it :/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Today my son had an eye exam and needed to get glasses. He wanted to look at a pair on the top shelf. Of course I couldn't reach. There was no stool and I honestly didn't think to ask for help. Thankfully my son said I could just lift him up and he just barely reached.

So I understand. I have also been known to climb shelves in the grocery store to get stuff.
Amybelle
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM

PeppermintyTea
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Omg I hate when dh puts stuff on the top shelf... My 11 year old is almost taller than me, I'm waiting for his next growth spurt so he can reach things for me. Lol
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Why not just stand on the chair to reach whatever, you needed the stool for.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I can relate though I am only 5'0" tall I can' t reach anything I have learned to get very creative when I need to reach things.

gramattmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Oh how I feel your pain!! I have a step stool too...I am so sorry about you saying you needed a step stool to reach the stepstool....I sometimes wish I was taller....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I've definitely used my kids to be able to reach stuff lmao sometimes I'll lift one of them on to the counter at home to grab something from a cabinet :P

Quoting purpleducky: Today my son had an eye exam and needed to get glasses. He wanted to look at a pair on the top shelf. Of course I couldn't reach. There was no stool and I honestly didn't think to ask for help. Thankfully my son said I could just lift him up and he just barely reached.

So I understand. I have also been known to climb shelves in the grocery store to get stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:23 AM
I try to keep stuff that we use on the bottom shelf in cabinets or in the bottom parts of closets. Dh isn't much taller than me, but just enough that he can reach that shelf >.<

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Omg I hate when dh pits stuff on the top shelf... My 11 year old is almost taller than me, I'm waiting for his next growth spurt so he can reach things for me. Lol
mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I use kitchen tonges to reach stuff up high when I don't want to bother my husband or 13 year old son. lol
squeekers
by squeekers on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:24 AM
My step mom had my father make her a 4 step step stool to use around the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)