Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Liquor store rant

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:16 AM
  • 84 Replies
Why do people insist on coming into a.liquor store without proper id. If you look under 40 I have to card you. I could lose my job if I don't. If you're paying with a credit card or select debit instead of debit I have to id you. Please don't be offended when I ask you for your id. I do it to protect the both of us. Also please don't come into the store five minutes before closing and expect to buy a lottery ticket or take forever and a day to buy a bottle. After nine we legally cannot sell you anything. Ok rant over. I love my job but come on people and just bring your id.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:31 AM
You'd think it would be common knowledge, but ya know...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:33 AM
What's your favorite drink? It could be fun to work at a liquor store. But all of our liquor stores are closing where I live.
LivingDeadGirlx
by WhiteTrash on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:36 AM
The only time I've ever been carded is when I didn't have my Id and I'm pretty young. Our liquor stores are bs around here.
crescentstar2
by Anne on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Why are they closing?

Quoting Anonymous: What's your favorite drink? It could be fun to work at a liquor store. But all of our liquor stores are closing where I live.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Nine, really?

Hella early
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM

It's always a compliment when I get carded since I'm 35 now. lol.

yksmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM
If I seem upset, it's because I'm frustrated with myself for forgetting my ID. It's not about you, please don't take it personally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:40 AM
It's more convenient to buy it in grocery stores now. And it might be cheaper. We are guilty but again it's easier to buy with the kids and with the rest of the groceries

Quoting crescentstar2: Why are they closing?

Quoting Anonymous: What's your favorite drink? It could be fun to work at a liquor store. But all of our liquor stores are closing where I live.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM
And we don't get carded at our local grocery store

Quoting Anonymous: It's more convenient to buy it in grocery stores now. And it might be cheaper. We are guilty but again it's easier to buy with the kids and with the rest of the groceries

Quoting crescentstar2: Why are they closing?

AlleyCat08
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM
I hated the ones who came in right after the beer cooler had been locked. No amount of begging is worth me losing my job. I will card you and if you don't like it, leave. It is only posted.... everywhere!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)