• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grrr.... people really suck!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM
  • 17 Replies

I work at a gas station that is also a restaurant. Right now I also have an inflamed tendon in my left hand causing me to wear a brace that limits the use of that hand. Today we were slammed and I mean my ticket line area was full and there were tickets on the wall next to me waiting to just get to my line. My grill is litterally 1 foot by 2 feet in size. It is WAY too tiny for the amount of business we get. So I look at my line of tickets and the first and third have burgers on them, the second and fourth have phillys. So I start at the first and throw the burgers on but because i cannot put philly on the grill with burgers I went ahead and threw the burgers for the third on to try to get two tickets gone at the same time. I did not realize that ticket 3 was my in-laws... didnt even know they were there because I was too busy to pay attention to the customers themselves.

So as I'm busting my ass with my one hand trying to get everything done on the grill and running the fryer my boss was taking even more orders... Needless to say I was on the verge of freak out! Anyhow by the time I got the second and fourth off the grill (was about 15 minutes later) the guy waiting on ticket 2 left without his food or his money back saying something about how of course family gets served first and it wasnt right and blah blah blah. I about broke down right there. I was stressed, hot, and just irritated and that about threw me over the edge. I looked at my boss and told him I am sorry, I thought I was doing fine and just trying to get things done as quick as I could. At that point my eyes were filling with tears but my boss told me not to worry about it. The problem is that I can't not worry about it. We live in a small town and if people start saying that I put family above others or anything else it could lose us customers which can hurt the bosses and in the great scheme could risk my job. 

I dont know why Im going through and typing this all out but im just irritated and tired and hubby is working so I have no one to talk to.... :( Thanks for reading and sorry it is so long!

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:23 AM
That's a very frustrating situation. Sorry you had to deal with it. I hope tomorrow is better.
KrissyKC
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:27 AM
You gotta get a tougher skin when in the service industry. Some people are sour by nature. :) sorry... it sucks when you are trying really hard and it is so unappreciated.
bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:28 AM
That kind of sucks. You just need to get a saucy attitude going there. Try to channel some Moe's Diner lol. (If you don't get the reference, either I'm too old or you're too young).

Hope it gets better.
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks. tomorrow will be better as i have the next two days off... but im in this brace for at least four weeks and it seriously limits what i can do. I am so lucky to have such wonderful bosses though who understand my situation and care enough to tell me if they catch me doing anything to hurt my hand further they will kick my butt :) 

Quoting locaporbebe: That's a very frustrating situation. Sorry you had to deal with it. I hope tomorrow is better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Sorry. Hope it'll get better.
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM

usually i dont get so emotional at work and do just fine with mouthy ass holes, but i was only a half hour into my shift and just got the brace yesterday so didnt know what i could or could not do and was trying to adjust to just the one hand... it was just extra frustrating today. 

Quoting KrissyKC: You gotta get a tougher skin when in the service industry. Some people are sour by nature. :) sorry... it sucks when you are trying really hard and it is so unappreciated.

yksmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:36 AM
How long have you worked there?
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:36 AM

haha im gonna go with im too young since ill be 26 next month. but maybe ill use my good ole friend google and learn something new tonight :) 

Quoting bleumonster: That kind of sucks. You just need to get a saucy attitude going there. Try to channel some Moe's Diner lol. (If you don't get the reference, either I'm too old or you're too young). Hope it gets better.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM

just about 6 months.

Quoting yksmom: How long have you worked there?

Yellow_Lileigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:40 AM
VERY frustrating but it sounds like it's a popular place so I wouldn't worry too much about one person. Every successful business has customers who didn't like them for whatever reason. Just be glad your boss was understanding because in my experience that can be a rarity in the service industry. He needs to help you out though if he wants all those tickets to get done under the crappy circumstances you're working under.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)