• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 weeks, 1 carry on

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
So my DH recently got a new job and is going on a 3 week, 2 part business trip, yay! Well, idk how a company can drop so much money and be so cheap at the same time. $800 plane ticket, and rental car, but they won't pay the $50 for a round trip checked bag fee. Uncapped reimbursement for food, despite them providing at least 2 meals a day and a per diem on top of that. Ugh, I just can't get over the damn checked bag fee. The only 2 things the won't pay for are beer and the damn checked bag! Do you know how hard it is to pack 2 weeks worth I clothes in a damn carry on. Then he is home for just 12 hours, enough time for me to do laundry and send him somewhere else for a week. Oh and the airport is a 3 hour drive, one way.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Irish_Fox_Fyre
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Ziplock vacuum bags. Yes the clothes will probably be wrinkled but most hotel provide an iron. Just a thought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this
So pay the fee yourself, he's still making money.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:31 AM
3 moms liked this

PandTsmomjuly
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Roll outfits together to save space rather than folding them :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Don't have time, but I made it all fit. I packed 10 undershirts, 6 dress shirts, 3 pairs of jeans 3 pairs of slacks, 2 shirts for the weekend, socks, boxers, 1 tie, 2 cartons of cigarettes, and a pair of shoes. The kids wanted to go to, but only the baby fit. and then I would have had to leave out the cigarettes and shoes. His toiletries will have to go in his laptop bag. He is just mad because he wanted to pack his straight razor,

Quoting Irish_Fox_Fyre: Ziplock vacuum bags. Yes the clothes will probably be wrinkled but most hotel provide an iron. Just a thought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:37 AM
I've done it. One week of a business trip right into one week of vacation, so no overlap in clothes.

Get one of the carry on that is basically an empty shell. It maximizes the amount of space you have. Also, take the largest "personal item" that will fit under the seat in front of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Why did you pack? Is your husband not a grown up?

Quoting Anonymous: Don't have time, but I made it all fit. I packed 10 undershirts, 6 dress shirts, 3 pairs of jeans 3 pairs of slacks, 2 shirts for the weekend, socks, boxers, 1 tie, 2 cartons of cigarettes, and a pair of shoes. The kids wanted to go to, but only the baby fit. and then I would have had to leave out the cigarettes and shoes. His toiletries will have to go in his laptop bag. He is just mad because he wanted to pack his straight razor,

Quoting Irish_Fox_Fyre: Ziplock vacuum bags. Yes the clothes will probably be wrinkled but most hotel provide an iron. Just a thought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM
I packed for 2 weeks for my son and I in one carry on. I just did laundry while there. Rolled clothing takes up less space.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)