Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin-off. Sorta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So the post with the potty mouth toddler reminded me of this. Last school year my daughter would bring home purple faces on her PreK conduct folder. The teacher's conduct scale was:
1- Green
2- Purple
3- Yellow
4-Red
And my daughter usually brought a purple mark on her folder once or twice a week. We worked on it and the incidents only happened occasionally after that. A couple of weeks before school ended she showed me her folder and her teacher had sent her home with a red mark on it. I asked her what happened but everytime she began explaining she started to cry again. So I told it was ok and we would talk about it later. I called her teacher but only her assitant was there. Long story short another student told the Teacher she had said mother*****r and when asked if she had used a bad word she said yes. The word she told me she used was Mexicans (wich we are) so I told her it was not a bad word. I called the teacher again the next day and told her that I did not believe my 5 year old had used the word that, that kind of language was not used at home, and that she told me she did not say any "bad words" and I believed my daughter. That I would not be signing the incident report sent by her if she or the TA heard her say it. WWYD? Did I handle this the right way IYO?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Bump
Anonymous
Bumpitty
Anonymous
Bump
Tawneekitn
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Yes, I think you handled it right.  I would have probably done it the same way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I'm glad I'm not psycho mom, lol. Sometime it's hard to step back and evaluate when it come to your kids.

Quoting Tawneekitn:

Yes, I think you handled it right.  I would have probably done it the same way.

FLmom26
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:07 AM

I would have done the same thing. The other kid could have easily been lying to get your dd in trouble. And I don't know about you, but I can look at my ds and know if he's lying to try to stay out of trouble. So I would guess if you believe your dd, you're probably right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:14 AM
First she apologized and said ahe woukd never use the word again. Then when I told her that "mezicans" was not a bad word she started saying she had not used a "bad word" and no matter how many times I asked she never changed her story or apologized again.

Quoting FLmom26:

I would have done the same thing. The other kid could have easily been lying to get your dd in trouble. And I don't know about you, but I can look at my ds and know if he's lying to try to stay out of trouble. So I would guess if you believe your dd, you're probably right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)