Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend possibly insecure due to me carpooling with a male co-worker

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
My boyfriend trusts me and doesn't want to lose me. We live together and have a son. We have always been committed to each other. He has only shown signs of anger and jealousy when I was having a convo with my ex who is the father of my older child. Anyway, so I was pumping gas and a car pulled up, guy got out said "Hey." I looked over and here it was one of my co workers and said hi. I had no idea he lived in the same area as me. He thought it would be a good idea if we carpool. I said sure. He knows I have a boyfriend and I know he's married. He discussed it with his wife on the phone during break at work. Me, I couldn't get a hold of my boyfriend, (stupid T-Mobile) phone issues, going to voice mail, and he didn't text me back on time. So I have to discuss it with him tomorrow.

I'm just worried he'll get aggravated. I already agreed to do this. And it will be only one time, not a habit. It's not a father and daughter relationship where I have to ask permission when it comes to carpooling with a guy or whatever. Wwyd? Or what would you say to your boyfriend and what if it upsets him?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Omg, leave him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't ask permission for something like that.

polkaspots
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM
I understand where you're coming from. My ex used to make DH uncomfortable too, before we got married. He's never been bothered by any other men though. Just tell him and be done with it. It's not a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:59 AM
He doesn't trust you if this is an issue. I wouldn't stay with someone who doesn't trust me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM
We've been together three years. He treats me good and is a good father. That's the only thing I worry about is him getting funny ideas when I'm with a guy. Well I've never been hanging out with a guy besides him ever the whole time we've been together. And he knows I usually get along better with guys than girls some of the time. Used to be a tomboy when I was younger in school. I'm worried that's all.

Quoting Anonymous: Omg, leave him.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, but if he has issues with you communicating with your ex over child related stuff then he needs to go.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:01 AM
I wouldn't ask for permission.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:03 AM
I mean I love my family. Days off we're always together. Part of me feels like I'm losing my identity as a person. And all I know is being a mom and a hard worker and breadwinner. I used to have male friends and he knew that I used to be a tomboy a long time ago. I get along better with guys than some girls. He's afraid a guy would just sweep me off my feet and I'd fall for him. Nope.

Quoting polkaspots: I understand where you're coming from. My ex used to make DH uncomfortable too, before we got married. He's never been bothered by any other men though. Just tell him and be done with it. It's not a big deal.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't matter.  He's an insecure ass hat who isn't mature enough to be in a serious relationship.   You should be able to have whatever friend you want and should be able to car-pool with whomever you want without worrying about his reaction. 

Quoting Anonymous: We've been together three years. He treats me good and is a good father. That's the only thing I worry about is him getting funny ideas when I'm with a guy. Well I've never been hanging out with a guy besides him ever the whole time we've been together. And he knows I usually get along better with guys than girls some of the time. Used to be a tomboy when I was younger in school. I'm worried that's all.
Quoting Anonymous: Omg, leave him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Well for that in detail it was my fault. I needed someone to talk to and my boyfriend was in the hospital for days. My dad doesn't care and my mother is in Heaven. I had no one at the time. Ex was a good listener and support. Nothing went from one thing to another, I never got weak. Just needed to talk.

Quoting randi1978:

Sorry, but if he has issues with you communicating with your ex over child related stuff then he needs to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)