Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 12 year old is only half an inch shorter then me WOW

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

I took my kids the the peds the other day and when they did my 12 year olds hieght he was only half an inch shorter then me. I am 5 foot 7 and he is 5 foot 6 and a half. I can believe he is so tall. He also weights 127lbs and wears a size 11 in mens shoes. My baby is getting to big to fast. 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Was this a shock to you? Do you not see your son every day? LOL

CountryMomma123
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:24 AM

No it wasn't a shock to me but I just want my baby to grow up so fast. LOL

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Was this a shock to you? Do you not see your son every day? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:26 AM
It's wild, huh? My 3 pound preemie is now my height. He is 11. :-O
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I know what you mean, my oldest passed me in height last year. I was glad for him because he used to be one of the shortest kids in his grade, but it's bittersweet.

CountryMomma123
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:43 AM

Wow that is something. My twins were preemies and are both 5 now and both weight 34lbs each. Though one is taller then the other. LOL

Quoting Anonymous: It's wild, huh? My 3 pound preemie is now my height. He is 11. :-O

CountryMomma123
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:45 AM

My oldest has all ways been taller then the other kids in his class. When he started 6th grade last year one of his teachers asked him if he stayed back a year because he was so much taller then the other kids in the class. But he has never been held back. He as just always been very tall and skinny for his age. LOL

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I know what you mean, my oldest passed me in height last year. I was glad for him because he used to be one of the shortest kids in his grade, but it's bittersweet.

sheli.bean
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM
My 11 year old niece is taller than me...she has been for a while now. *sigh*
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Oh wow, that's funny. My kids have the opposite problem. DH & I are short so they have no hope lol.

Quoting CountryMomma123:

My oldest has all ways been taller then the other kids in his class. When he started 6th grade last year one of his teachers asked him if he stayed back a year because he was so much taller then the other kids in the class. But he has never been held back. He as just always been very tall and skinny for his age. LOL

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

CountryMomma123
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

We have alot of short people and tall people in my family but the tallest person by far is my 82 year old grandfather who is 6 foot 6 inches tall. God I hope my son doesn't get that tall. LOL

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Oh wow, that's funny. My kids have the opposite problem. DH & I are short so they have no hope lol.

Quoting CountryMomma123:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:55 AM
My son was about that weight at 5, give or take. Once he hit 7 or 8, he has just gone into overdrive! Now puberty is kicking in, it's so great but I'm still in shock, lol! I distinctly recall looking in his incubator and worried about him just staying alive. Tiny thing...

Quoting CountryMomma123:

Wow that is something. My twins were preemies and are both 5 now and both weight 34lbs each. Though one is taller then the other. LOL

Quoting Anonymous: It's wild, huh? My 3 pound preemie is now my height. He is 11. :-O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)