Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Pro-Life But...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:32 AM
  • 11 Replies

...to be honest, I find a lot of the pro-life arguments that I see here stupid as hell and I find myself rolling my eyes at them. 

Don't mention religion. Stop using a 2,000 year old book to make your decisions for you. 

I find it extremely hypocritical when pro-life women say things like "I hope you die" and shit like that. 

And then the annoying pro-choicers show up and try to basically make like abortion is no different from getting a hair cut. They use the stupid pro-life arguments to further convince themselves and others that they are right. 

I think the best pro-life arguments I have seen was from one of my friends on here, Neko_Nightstar. I can't remember exactly what she said though but I thought it was very moving. It just irritates me that pro-life people can't do better and I'm just as guilty. I'm not an elequent speaker. I have nothing to say other than I know that it is wrong. 

Anyway, I hope this post makes sense. It has been a long day and I am extremely tired. 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:43 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Pro-life atheist checking in here.  Not much to say other than I don't base my opinions on religion.  

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:51 AM

I'm pro-choice, but I don't think it's like getting a hair cut. At the end of the day, I don't feel the government, or anyone else should be able to tell someone what they can do with their body. Do I agree with every reason someone has to have an abortion? No, or course not. But I'll still fight for your (general) right to make that choice, because it shouldn't be anyone elses decision except the person who has to carry the pregnancy. 

hateaway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Pro life and I agree. I also don't believe abortion should be illegal because I have common sense to know that a woman wants one, she will figure it out illegal or not.
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pro-life - I have when people assume two things from all pro-lifers.....

1. That we all are religious and it is a religious thing.
2. That we HAVE to be against killing anyone for anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I will ALWAYS use God's Holy, Written Word as the basis for any argument I have. I am 100% pro-life, and yes, in The Bible, God tells us He knows us BEFORE He forms us in the womb. We are a person with a soul BEFORE we are ever concieved! If you don't like me basing my life and how I feel, think, live and base my principles and morals on, too bad. That's the great thing about America. You don't have to like it, but you can't do anything to stop me.

meaghan116
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Well you SHOULD be against killing anyone or anything ...

How in the fucking world can you think it's wrong to kill a zygote with no feeling but in the next breath ever think it's OK or justifiable to kill a fully formed human being??

Quoting the.B.karma:

1. That we all are religious and it is a religious thing.2. That we HAVE to be against killing anyone for anything.

the.B.karma
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I find on a scale of things that matter more in this life/world are innocent beings, compared to that of a child molester. I wouldn't give two fucks if one was killed in cold blood. I do care that so many lives are being missed out on and mostly for horrifying selfish and stupid reasons.

Quoting meaghan116: Well you SHOULD be against killing anyone or anything ... How in the fucking world can you think it's wrong to kill a zygote with no feeling but in the next breath ever think it's OK or justifiable to kill a fully formed human being??
Quoting the.B.karma:

1. That we all are religious and it is a religious thing.2. That we HAVE to be against killing anyone for anything.

meaghan116
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM
But if that child molestor's mother had tried to have an abortion before he was born you would have tried to talk her out of it....
This is probably one of those backwards and crappy arguments the OP was talking about...

Just sayin

Quoting the.B.karma:

I find on a scale of things that matter more in this life/world are innocent beings, compared to that of a child molester. I wouldn't give two fucks if one was killed in cold blood. I do care that so many lives are being missed out on and mostly for horrifying selfish and stupid reasons.

Quoting meaghan116: Well you SHOULD be against killing anyone or anything ...

How in the fucking world can you think it's wrong to kill a zygote with no feeling but in the next breath ever think it's OK or justifiable to kill a fully formed human being??

Quoting the.B.karma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)