• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Skinny girl' rant.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Okay so since I had my daughter 15 months ago I obviously had some baby weight to lose.

I worked out and worked my butt off to lose the weight and it happened pretty quickly to those who don't see me everyday. I still work out regularly but instead of losing weight I just do it because I like it and it makes me feel great.

So now whenever I run into a female friend or acquaintance that haven't seen me in a while 9 times out of 10 this is what I get - 'Oh my gosh, you look so good, you're so skinny. You bitch!!' I know it's supposed to be a compliment but really, bitch? Why?

I tell them don't think it's for nothing, I worked my ass off and I'm not a bitch... it's nothing OMFG serious but it is seriously fucking annoying!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Maybe because they don't know how to give a good compliment without trying to put you down to make themselves feel better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Just ignore them and keep looking fabulous.
PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this

So, you don't like when females playfully toss around the word bitch followed by a compliment? K. Picky ass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:49 AM
I feel like you just summed it up perfectly.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe because they don't know how to give a good compliment without trying to put you down to make themselves feel better
polkaspots
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM
They would say that if you had an awesome expensive purse as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:55 AM
👍☺ I had the same problem years ago and I took offense to it until I told my self they are just mad because they can't be me just brush them off its jealousy

Quoting Anonymous: I feel like you just summed it up perfectly.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe because they don't know how to give a good compliment without trying to put you down to make themselves feel better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Would you feel better if they said something along the lines or "Wow you look great! You must have worked your ass off'
want10more
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM

LOL just be GLAD to be the BITCH....... you worked hard, and ya know baby weight is sometimes really hard to lose. it is prolly harder for them so just be kind, remember that maybe they just don't or can't lose it as well as you can...

Jezzi86
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:00 AM
I hate being called a bitch for not being overweight, I really do, we are equals right?The people who say that shit get pretty offended if I call them a bitch for whatever reason..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)